The Chemo has started

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Ok - my niece today underwent her first dose of chemotherapy. She handled it very well. She actually stopped complaining, and seemed to be in a better mood immediately afterwards. I always heard horror stories of barfing and extreme pain, but none of that happened to her today.

I am hopeful that every treatment will go like this, but I'm being realistic, and understanding that it is going to get worse before it gets better. I am, however, in one of the best moods I've been in for the last 2 weeks. It felt good to see her happy and playful again.

Here's hoping the whole treatment process is this easy.

This is how it goes-someone we helped about three years ago....then, and now. 17 trips to Memphis.

Tell her one of us is always willing to take her flying....

Have seen just in the past 6 months my Father and now a co-worker go through the chemo process. Each type of treatment, and each individual respond differently. What is so amazing, is watching how positive everyone has been through out the process. Amazing too is today's technology in cure rates. My father is one of those success storys, and we hope and pray our coworker will join that club, too!
J

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back