The Challenger Disaster "On Tonight"

Watching it now.

I wonder how accurate the story is so far. I know they are trying to make a docudrama and all.

That's what I was just thinking. No telling how acurrate it is especially since the investigation was over 25 yrs ago.

I wonder if there was any "real" evidence that oxygen was activated by the crew meaning they were alive after the explosion.

Yeah I've heard that as well. I believe two people activated their O2. Some say they were most likely alive but unconscious when they hit the water.

I've got the Discovery "When We Left Earth" series. Outstanding series with a good insight to Challenger.

I wonder if there was any "real" evidence that oxygen was activated by the crew meaning they were alive after the explosion.

Switch positions at the time of impact with the ocean were identified in the wreckage. Those positions were not the normal positions. They were the settings you would select (manually) following cabin depressurization.

O ring in ice water. 30 seconds that topped 30 days of testimony. Yeah, Feymann!

It was on at midnight here and I was watched it until about 1:30 when I finally turned it off due to the unbelievable increase of commercials.

At 58 I'm well experienced and aware of the marketing concept of increased commercials towards the end of a movie or other broadcast and am willing to tolerate it to a point. But last night,at that late hour,Discovery Channel got way,way too abusive with not only the number of commercials but when you only get to see 2 minutes of movie between 4 minute commercial breaks they are way out of line and I move on. Morons!

It was on at midnight here and I was watched it until about 1:30 when I finally turned it off due to the unbelievable increase of commercials.

At 58 I'm well experienced and aware of the marketing concept of increased commercials towards the end of a movie or other broadcast and am willing to tolerate it to a point. But last night,at that late hour,Discovery Channel got way,way too abusive with not only the number of commercials but when you only get to see 2 minutes of movie between 4 minute commercial breaks they are way out of line and I move on. Morons!

3 letters

DVR

Switch positions at the time of impact with the ocean were identified in the wreckage. Those positions were not the normal positions. They were the settings you would select (manually) following cabin depressurization.

I was hoping they would spend much more time about that aspect of this. We all know about the O-rings, though Prof. Feynman was interesting.

Back