The Blue Angels will be down a jet

Re: The Blue Angles will be down a jet

However, in regard to your comment above, I'd say "it takes two to tango". If you end up in the sack, in the situation originally referenced, then both individuals had a problem with self-control...
That is no more true in the military than in the civilian office environment when there is a significant hierarchical difference between the two, e.g. officer/enlisted in the military, or boss/secretary in the office. In fact, it's worse in the military, because while both superiors have power over the subordinate, the military superior's power over a subordinate is greater than his/her civilian counterpart's, and the subordinate in the military world can't just quit.
Further, I feel an officer has an added expectation of ability to regulate emotion inside regulation.
That, too -- the organization's expectations are substantially higher of officers than of enlisted. Which is another reason the officer will be in more trouble than the enlisted in an O/E fraternization case.

Last edited:

Oh give it a rest will ya.
Umm no, I think it important to point out intolerance and prejudiced whenever it is seen and not try to make it appear as though it is right, moral, or normal.

There is a massive amount of evidence that men and women, together, under stressed situations for long periods of time, can lead to sex.
Please provide some of that evidence for us.

It is not the sex that is the problem it is the resulting mess, usually morale and unit cohesion destruction, that is the fear. If you have served you know this and are choosing to ignore it,
I have served and have never noticed this as a problem at all.

Last edited:
I'm shocked and surprised that no here has speculated as to which admiral's daughter the Angel made a low pass over.

I'm shocked and surprised that no here has speculated as to which admiral's daughter the Angel made a low pass over.
It's usually not a good idea to go after the skipper's daughter, either. Triple the odds against you if it were the CMCPO's daughter. :eek:

LOL. Remember the "Tail"hook scandal?

LOL. Remember the "Tail"hook scandal?
Yes. A lot of careers were tanked over that one, and they even took away a retired admiral's third star because he didn't stop it from happening. However, that involved violation of civilian criminal law well beyond the military's prohibition on adultery -- not exactly a comparable situation.

You saying because men can't control themselves women should be kept out of jobs that they may want? That is a pretty silly argument to make and rather insulting to men. I take offense to the accusation. Maybe you cannot control yourself and that is your business but do not lump me into that world. I have served with women and never once felt the need to drop what I was doing to go jump them.

I have met Tom at several fly-ins and lunches. He was nothing but respectful and chivalrous to his wife each and every time.

I have met Tom at several fly-ins and lunches. He was nothing but respectful and chivalrous to his wife each and every time.

Why thanks Rich, sincerely!

I am very respectful of my wife, and women. I do not believe chivalry is dead, just hibernating.

However to deny what is reality regarding men and women and stress situations (can one think of anything more stressful than combat? Having been there, I cannot). Sex happens, period. The jealousies, the anger, the pain....talk about amazing weapons against morale.

Back