The Birds!

Don Jones

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
DJones
I came home from cleaning out the old hangar tonight and found we have been invaded by Dove. The cleared out area in the pictures is part of the pecan orchard which backs up to our property. They have been laser leveling this area for the last 3 months in preperation to plant trees in it this spring. They are spreading crushed pecan hulls all over it, I suppose for fertilizer. The Dove love this stuff. Season opened yesterday:yes:

Attachments

• dove2.jpg
    dove2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • dove3.jpg
    dove3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • dove1.jpg
    dove1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
wow i think that even i could hit one of those!

I came home from cleaning out the old hangar tonight and found we have been invaded by Dove. The cleared out area in the pictures is part of the pecan orchard which backs up to our property. They have been laser leveling this area for the last 3 months in preperation to plant trees in it this spring. They are spreading crushed pecan hulls all over it, I suppose for fertilizer. The Dove love this stuff. Season opened yesterday:yes:

Did they get rid of "EAT PECANS?"

Growing up in eastern Washington state the dove season was the month of September. Pheasants opened up the middle of October. After a month of shooting AT doves, pheasants were easy. :D

Watch out for this guy or you might get peppered ;) ;)
elmer_cheney.jpg

Did they get rid of "EAT PECANS?"

Yep, it's gone. They cut the hillside down some 30 feet or so to level it. I have some before and after photos if I can find them. They moved an awesome amount of dirt, some of which ended up in my pool and all over our cars.:(

Last edited:
Back