The big move!

Discussion in 'Flight Following' started by vkhosid, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Ryanb

Ryanb Touchdown! Greaser! PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    Ryan
    Both are without a doubt nicer than Hoboken.

2. SoCal RV Flyer

SoCal RV Flyer En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    SoCal RV Flyer
    I live just fine in California; I've made a good wage through my career and the higher cost of living is not an issue. And wrapping myself in the flag? Yes, please! That bear fur is sooo plush and cozy!

Thank you for your concern. Live and let live, I say.

kayoh190 and AKiss20 like this.
  3. Unit74

Unit74 Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Unit74
    So did I... Till I found out what being an American meant. Pretty obvious you are very happy where you are at. Good for you. I just do anything I can to show people the light. Keep making that NASCAR circuit I guess.

4. SoCal RV Flyer

SoCal RV Flyer En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    SoCal RV Flyer
    Rest assured...I am an American through and through.

5. Unit74

Unit74 Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Unit74

Too bad you are stuck in Hotel California though.......

6. chartbundle

chartbundle Cleared for Takeoff

Display Name:

Display name:
    chartbundle
    This is one of the few reasons I'm glad I work in computers, I can work from anywhere with an internet connection because there aren't any actual jobs in the places I want to live.

7. Cooter

Cooter Ejection Handle Pulled

Display Name:

Display name:
    Cooter
    The people you encounter are openly telling you that they *hate* people who don’t look like them or worship like them?

The word hate seems to have been recently redefined to mean something quite different than it used to.

Morgan3820 and MuseChaser like this.
  8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Cleared for Takeoff

Display Name:

Display name:
    ChemGuy
    Off the top of my head....
    Buy ammunition w/o big brother knowing, approving, recording it
    Buy a gun without an anal probe
    Carry a gun, if you so choose
    Buy a dog or cat from a know source (I usually have rescues, mutts etc, but CA just banned all sales of bred dogs in the state at stores)
    Use a plastic straw if i want to
    Not be required to put solar panels on a new house
    Use a plastic bag (single use bags banned a couple years ago)
    Have a Hamster or gerbil
    Ride Dirt bikes I want...try to get new ORV stickers for certain bikes or areas

And thats just the tip of the iceberg...If you went up the chain of products and services in CA and looked at how each thing was regulated, banned, licensed, etc and figure how choices are limited and costs are increased...its amazing.

And I assure you you are breaking several state and local laws for something right this instant, just sitting in your house....something to do with too many vehicles in a residential area, too much paint thinner in your garage, a lawn mower without CARB approval...something. the fact your not fined or in jail right now is only due to big brothers current lack of interest.

9. Lachlan

Lachlan En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Lachlan
    We've been to lots of different places on this planet, and there is no place like the Adirondacks. Born and raised, living here again after 20 years away, and we won't be leaving. All of the activities you mentioned (minus the ocean) are right out our back door. Taxes are taxes wherever you go. If you don't pay for one thing, you'll end up paying more for another. It all works out. I've been to California, and there's really nothing wrong with California. It's the Californians that are the problem. ;)

10. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Cap'n Jack
    Hoboken? I think the nearest place to rent is Caldwell as mentioned earlier. I don't think Linden rents planes, either. Look at Morristown (KMMU), too. I also recommend N51. You can take NJ transit to work, depending on where you choose to live. Traffic? Coming from CA, you'll be used to it. They like to stretch a yellow light well into red. There's a lot of things to do when based in NJ. Delaware Water Gap, Appalachian trail, NYC. with a plane you can fly to Block Island (KBID), Montauk (KMTP), Ocean City NJ (26N). Heck, Martha's Vinyard (KMVY) and ProvinceTown (KPVC) on Cape Cod is doable, be aware it's a queer little town.

Easy access to NYC, Philadelphia.

The nice thing about the USA is that there is so much variety. Don't like the laws in CA or MI? You're free to live elsewhere. No place on earth is perfect, so find a place which suits you best.
    I didn't see the cause for the move, but best of luck with it!.

11. Unit74

Unit74 Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Unit74

Stockton just got all offended. It wants to be the armpit too, ya know.....

12. Katamarino

Katamarino Cleared for Takeoff

Display Name:

Display name:
    Katamarino
    I will (hopefully), but I'm not there yet!

Lachlan likes this.
  13. Juliet Hotel

Juliet Hotel Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    Juliet Hotel
    Nope you got me there. I don't believe I've actually heard anyone use the word hate. When I hear someone say they wish it was legal to shoot and/or kill {insert group of people], I tend to equate that with hate. I could be wrong on that and far be it from me to want to contribute to redefining the word hate to mean something it didn't used to mean. And yes I have heard that said by more than one individual. Quite a few more in fact. Can't say that was an experience I had growing up in the region so many here seem to dislike so much.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  14. Ryanb

Display Name:

Display name:
    Ryan
    Fellas, let’s be careful not to get off topic here.

To be fair, nobody that I can see, has any animosity toward the demographic of people who live in the region. Most would just choose not to live there for various other personal reasons.

Rgbeard likes this.
  15. IK04

IK04 Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    LNXGUY
    There are only nine people left in Stockton who speak English fluently, so they probably never got the word.

16. Cooter

Cooter Ejection Handle Pulled

Display Name:

Display name:
    Cooter
    Or just ignorant people speaking foolishly. I don’t know where you live, but I’ve spent my entire life in the South and Midwest and if I’ve ever heard the talk you allude to, it’s only from the Jerry Springer element of society. I don’t consider them representative of any group except for the severely dysfunctional. But what I do see is an eagerness to represent disagreement as hatred.

MuseChaser likes this.
  17. Juliet Hotel

Display Name:

Display name:
    Juliet Hotel
    Not for nothing but that is some world class diplomacy right there. I don't think I've ever heard a better version of 'Just because I say I can't stand people who are just like you, it doesn't mean I can't stand you..' in my life. Bravo.

18. Lachlan

Lachlan En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Lachlan
    Spent a lot of time in Hoboken, have you? ;)

19. Ryanb

Display Name:

Display name:
    Ryan
    I have been through there multiple times over the last few years on my trips to NYC.

Lachlan likes this.
  20. Juliet Hotel

Display Name:

Display name:
    Juliet Hotel
    No argument. But the observation still stands. I never heard that kind of thing where I grew up. I hear it more often than I care to admit here. I strongly suspect there were a relatively equal number of those who disagree in both places. Seems to be something about the midwest where people are quick to assume that if you look like them, you also vote like them and take the same view on other races as them and they're therefore not at all shy about telling you what they think on those subjects and they tend to assume you'll find their inappropriate jokes just as funny as they do.

21. Bill Watson

Bill Watson Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    MauleDriver
    Y’all are digging a deep, stupid hole here. Please just stop and move on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

schmookeeg, AKiss20 and Ryanb like this.
  22. Sundancer

Sundancer En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Sundog
    Though the western half of NJ is very beautiful, rural, heavily forested, lot of hills, back-country, hunting and fishing. A lot more attractive than say, downtown Sacramento or LA or Fresno, places where I was trapped for various periods earlier in life.

23. Ryanb

Display Name:

Display name:
    Ryan
    Again, that’s greatly debatable. I would live just about anywhere in California over NJ - but that’s just me. Summers are nice in Northeast, but the winters are unbearable. It’s just not my cup ‘o tea.

24. IK04

IK04 Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    LNXGUY
    As soon as my parents' house was sold, my sister moved out of the Bay Area and deep into the Sierra Nevada mountains.

She does not go into town very often, since the subhuman scum from the coastal areas have moved in and begun the decay of what was once a cool gold rush town.

The decay of modern society has infiltrated everywhere. It is equal opportunity, so nobody is left out...

Cooter likes this.
  25. N1120A

N1120A Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    N1120A
    Fresno and Bakersfield are kinda nice when you compare them to cities in most other states, sadly. They just don't hold a candle to San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco.

26. wheaties

wheaties Pre-takeoff checklist

Display Name:

Display name:
    wheaties
    I'm a member of Paramus Flying club. Great club with a 6month wait list. That said, I also know someone over at Lincoln park, N07, with a '73 Archer w/ g500, 430w and aero 796. Beautiful plane.

If you like Cirrus P6 out of Caldwell. They're all g5 and g6 models, so be prepared to pay for the newness.

PM me and I'll happily show you around and make introductions.

27. PaulS

PaulS Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    PaulS
    I live in a place like that too, Massachusetts. The sad thing is the people open about their hate, actually they are fanatical about their hate, think they are "tolerant" and beyond reproach.

Cooter likes this.
  28. gkainz

gkainz Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Greg Kainz
    I “lived” in White House Station, NJ for a year (Sunday night through Friday afternoon) commuting from Denver. Drove from Newark Sunday night in the dark and never ceased to be amazed that it wasn’t concrete jungle when the sun came up Monday morning. Still couldn’t wait to get home to Colorado, though.
    Good luck with the move.

29. vkhosid

vkhosid Cleared for Takeoff

Display Name:

Display name:
    94V
    Guys,

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate leads for looking into where a good place to rent aircraft would be.
    For those that offered to show me around and/or make some introductions, I sincerely appreciate the offer, and will certainly take you up on it.

Thanks again!