The Big Freeze

luvflyin

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Luvflyin
So I’m like in the meat shortage thread and start thinking, maybe it’s time to get a freezer. I suppose I coulda drove down to Freezers R Us and checked out what they got. But just googled freezers instead. !!!! There is a freakin freezer shortage. So Is a freezer shortage thread worthy?

Around here, consumer models are pretty much unavailable, even second-hand. They're usually the first thing to go at the clandestine estate sales being held on Craigslist and eBay that have replaced the more open sort of estate sales, which are prohibited by the lockdown.

Commercial models are available fairly easily, both new and second-hand, if you want to go that route. Commercial ice cream freezers (the kind you reach into to grab packaged ice cream or scoop it into cones) seem especially easy to get. There are a ton of them on CL, even around here. I have no idea how suitable an ice cream freezer would be for anything other than ice cream.

I have a small chest freezer that was given to me. I plan to give it away when I move and pick up a larger one in the new town because the small one is always full.

Back