The best airplane?

Since Mr. Moneybags is paying for maintenance and everything else, my pick is a B-17. Four round engines, all in a tail dragger. I'll get an O2 system for altitude. Oh, and it needs to be outfitted with a nice interior and a good heater.

Alternate choice would be a King Air 90.

Would you get double the time with double the engines? :smile:

One airplane? Only one?

Hmmm.

Well I suppose since Mr. Moneybags is paying for an expensive one, I could maybe still afford a second, cheaper one for myself. :D

In that case, Mr. Moneybags is buyin' me a King Air 200 with a STOL kit.

I am buying an Imelda Marcos Husky or C185. Y'know, lots of shoes - Floats, skis, and bushwheels. :D

T-182 cause I like looking out the window ( besides the gas $ over 10 GPH would factor into it )

I've always wanted to fly a P-38.

I want a single-pilot VLJ with known ice capability and all of the avionics Eclipse promised but couldn't deliver. Single, twin, doesn't matter to me. I want a personal magic carpet. Phenom 100, Citation Mustang, Cirrus Vision, Piper Jet (if the latter two are ever delivered)...

I'd love to take one of these out for a spin around Long Island Sound on a Sunday afternoon. "WTF was that -Skip

Attachments

• Ekranoplan.jpg
    Ekranoplan.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 20
If money didn't count at all? Citation X

More practical? SR-22 (they're a lot of fun to fly!)

I'm thinking I've got an awesome ride in the Fly Baby and you all are a bunch of flying nerds till I got to the post about the P-38. Then I rememered... Oh yea, wanted one since I first saw my dads desk model in 1966 (he flew them in the war). So, how about a brand new P-38 with turbine engines, 2 seats.

One of the under development single engine jets will fit my needs just fine. I'd even consider an Eclipse if they can deliver it before year end.

John,
I would go for a TBM 850. If that were not available a PC 12 would be second choice.
Walt

PS Could you have it here by Christmas?

There is one based around here I see occasionally. Someone told me they were bogus death traps but someone is always saying that.

I would convert one of these into a flying RV:

Attachments

• Hu16-N3HU-071022-13-12.jpg
    Hu16-N3HU-071022-13-12.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 16
If you were given your choice of any airplane you wanted, for your own personal use, by some hypothetical foolish benifactor, who would also pay for your insurance and upkeep for as long as you can get a medical, what would be your choice? Why?

This deal would also include any and all training associated with your pick.

Oh yea, it would also include all fuel used over ten gallons an hour. ( ya gotta pay something.)

What fun. :)

John

A Douglas DC-3

How do you get in and out of that thing without a support staff / ladder?

or for some of us, even with all of the above? more importantly, how do we break the suction?

Easy peesy - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.9.

If Mr. Moneybags was extra nice I'll get me the Concorde and an Avro Vulcan. I'm never normally nationalistic/jingoistic, but us Brits have made some damn lovely aeroplanes in the past. Perhaps throw in the DHC-1 Chipmunk and Dassault Rafale for diversity.

Cheers,

Gareth.

I'm with Cap'n Jack and Cheesehead - turbine albatross decked out like a small yacht.

MX2 and Columbia 400

I almost agree :) - it's a Pitts S-2C and a Columbia 400. At our last contest in Farmville, all five categories were won by Pitts including unlimited. Rob Bond took 1st place in his S-2B against Denny flying an Edge 540, Kendel flying Erica's S2S, and Steve flying his own Eigenhawk Solution. But the MX2/S is one sweet aircraft.

For me, since I already have the only perfect aircraft ever produced (a Pitts), I'd be asking my benefactor for the Red Bull P-38J restoration plane. That probably comes about as close a priceless bird as I'd ever be able to fly myself.

Didn't that entertainer fellow, Jimmy Buffet, do just that?

John

Don't know what he did on the inside (made up like a yacht or flying RV or just seats)- the plane is retired & in Orlando, FL- I remember seeing it when I was at a conference- I didn't know the history until I looked this up for this thread:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemisphere_dancer

Too bad- a plane like that should be flying. He should let me fly it all I want and I just pay $10gal/hour gas...

Back