The Beech Electric prop - the first one was WOODEN!

I have a spare serviceable hub. (And a red-tagged hub.) But I don't have anyone I know who might legally build a prop from these blades.

You might try one of the following:
- call one of the prop shops that still works on these props to see if they know someone that might want these blades
- post on beech talk and see what the collective wisdom is on these blades.

I only know of one bonanza flying a wooden prop right now - so a serviceable one would be interesting. Here are some prop shops - google will get you a number:
- Stockton propeller in California
- M&M propeller in Yukon Oklahoma

The trick is to find someone interested enough and crazy enough with the money to hang the prop and fly it to KOSH. I have the polished 35 with most of those boxes checked. But I'm not quite crazy enough without a prop shop pretty much blessing the prop. 88" of old wood on a 205HP motor could result in an off field landing.

(Another thought would be to call the beech museum in tulahoma TN to see if they might be interested.)

I'll throw a low ball offer of $800 plus shipping.
The collective wisdom is ,, they are a POS.

I knew it has a 100 hour AD and it didn't take Beech long to find a replacement for the blades. But I didn't know it was a blade retention problem- that would get your attention.

Back