The beauty of a newly painted runway

nddons

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Stan
I'm gearing up for the final push for my IR, and hadn't flown in a month. I went up last night to rub the rust off with my CFII and shot a few approaches, holds, etc. It was night when we returned to the home airport, and imagine my surprise at how bright the numbers, 500ft, 1,000ft, and centerline markers were after being painted this week.

Being my first night landing in a few months, I anticipated a little roughness due to adapting to night depth perception, but the bright new paint made depth perception effortless, and I greased a landing like never before. Wow!

You would think it would be a requirement to keep the runway lines fresh whenever you have an instrument approach to an airport. In my limited experience, it hasn't seemed that way.

I'm gearing up for the final push for my IR, and hadn't flown in a month. I went up last night to rub the rust off with my CFII and shot a few approaches, holds, etc. It was night when we returned to the home airport, and imagine my surprise at how bright the numbers, 500ft, 1,000ft, and centerline markers were after being painted this week.

What color?

Back