The Atlas of my passion

Jay, I too thought you had a possible buyer for a moment.

I had to check this wasn't some kind of spin zone material -- boom-chick-a-mau-mau...

Who would believe such a beast could contribute to a passion.
But it flew and flew well.
It was a tractor of the sky and went to combat.
The Nord 2105 Noratlas.

http://www.qualified-quail.com/arti...on-2-the-birth-of-my-passion-2-118781450.html

I also love the Noratlas beast... :yes:

The Israeli Air Force flew them until the arrival of the Hercules in 1971...

8635174335_86211a4369_o.jpg

Last edited:
Nice place, and it looks like it has been in caring hands.
But sorry not a buyer.
To tell you the truth (you are going to hate this), I have always been afraid of the single door Pipers for a four seater.

"Afraid"? :dunno:

"Afraid"? :dunno:

Yes a bit.
I only have 300h flying time and the idea of flying with three unexperienced passengers in a one door plane with the pilot not being the closest has bothered me. Why didn't they put one door on each side. I wonder !

Yes a bit.
I only have 300h flying time and the idea of flying with three unexperienced passengers in a one door plane with the pilot not being the closest has bothered me. Why didn't they put one door on each side. I wonder !

I always wondered...is there some kind of mod allowing to jettison the pilot's window in a Piper ?

Yes a bit.

I was able to ask Karl Bergey, one of the designers of the Cherokee, exactly that.

His answer: The marketing guys at Piper made them copy the Bonanza -- which has the door on the copilot's side -- even though the designers thought it was a better idea to put the door on the pilot's side.

It was "monkey see, monkey do", all because Beech was the market leader at the time.

I was able to ask Karl Bergey, one of the designers of the Cherokee, exactly that.

His answer: The marketing guys at Piper made them copy the Bonanza -- which has the door on the copilot's side -- even though the designers thought it was a better idea to put the door on the pilot's side.

It was "monkey see, monkey do", all because Beech was the market leader at the time.

Thanks for that piece of information. Very interesting.

Back