The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Help please?

Well, it doesn't depend so much on the "part" you are flying or how many pax are onboard..

I.E. An empty King Air 350/CRJ 200/777 doesn't mean the guy in the right seat can log PIC, unless he is typed and even then, there is generally an appointed PIC, but logging time is all a big game and the only rules in reality are your own scruples.

Some guys are of the "fly what you want, log what you need" variety.

I've watched guys falsify all sorts of flight time,.

Yeah the type rating thing could make it complicated..

<---<^>--->

Yeah the type rating thing could make it complicated.

Yeh.. It seems that logging time really depends on what you intend to do with it.

The "hobby types" seem much more willing to log PIC in whatever they manipulate the controls in, because they can.

For the professional type it seems to boil down more to a "should I?" Not can I. While it would be rare, and you'd have to have "one of those guys" giving you the interview, logging PIC for 1.3 in an aircraft you are not really "PIC" familiar with could potentially set them up for failure in a future interview, should someone peruse their log books..

Kinda like this:

Interviewer - "Ah, you've got 1.3 in an Mu-2 huh?"
Applicant - "Yep!!"
Interviewer - "Fun to fly?"
Applicant - "Yes sir, it was a blast."
Interviewer - "I see you logged PIC in it."
Applicant - "Yes sir!"
Interviewer - "Shorty or the Marquis?"
Applicant - "Huh?"
Interviewer - "Does the Mu-2 have a tiller for steering?"
Applicant - "Umm.. uhh.. huh?"
Interviewer - "What sort of hydraulic system does the Mu-2 have?"
Applicant - "Umm..."
Interviewer - "Why do you always pull the prop through several revolutions after flying your Mu-2, Mr. PIC?"
Applicant - "Uhh.. Umm.. Welll.."
Interviewer - "Did you make sure to visually confirm proper direction of the AILERONS before flight?"
Applicant - "Always!"
Interviewer - "Really? You checked the ailerons, eh?"
Applicant - "Of course.."
Interviewer - "-10's or -8's on that Mu-2 Mr. PIC?"
Applicant - "I was just manipulating the controls, I guess I wasn't really the PIC."
Interviewer - "Why'd you log it?"

That's what concerns me more than just logging it. I'd hate to get cornered simply because I wanted to log 1.3 hours in a Moo-2.

Of course the same could be said of almost any aircraft and then again, I've got a handful of hours in various aircraft I was undoubtedly the PIC as twern't no one else in the bird and I have no doubt Johnny On The Spot could quiz me until I missed something. Some of the birds it was a "Please take this airplane to Las Vegas from Decatur, we'll pay you!" and I had no info other than what you could surmise during a walk around.

All that said, I've found if you generally have a good answer to a tough question, you'll be just fine. ;) They'd rather hear you say "I don't know" than BS your way through it.

Cool. Looks like you have it sorted. Parachute gear has come a very long way since your dad's last jump. Have fun.

Thank you Greg! (and everyone else).

In regards to evolution of meat bomb equipment . . . my Dad broke his pelvise testing a new variation on a time proven chute. The other test jumper broke his back and was left paralyzed. That ended his jumping career in the army.

I will put the video on youtube when we get it. Sometime after the new year.

Thank you Greg! (and everyone else).

In regards to evolution of meat bomb equipment . . . my Dad broke his pelvise testing a new variation on a time proven chute. The other test jumper broke his back and was left paralyzed. That ended his jumping career in the army.

I will put the video on youtube when we get it. Sometime after the new year.

The upcoming jump or the pelvise breaking? Although the pelvise breaking would probably get more hits.. ;)

<---<^>--->

That was not cool making fun of his smelling.

I wasn't making fun of him. Just your post made it sound like you might have had that on video. I was joking about posting that, although it is probably true about it getting more hits just human nature. We watch more things that scare or excite than routine occurances. I'm not the type laugh at a serious accident. Especially if it was in service, no disrespect believe me. I have a video of the aftermath of a hit-and-driver that flipped me over a gaurdrail, I uploaded it to FB on may way to the hospital. My friends were concerned at first but injuries were minor though and they all bust my chops about it to this day. That's probably apples and oranges but I guess I should stop trying to explain what I meant to say and just apologize. Sorry, was not making fun of him.

<---<^>--->

You didn't see my smilie face? I guess swapping spelling for smelling wasn't enough to tell you I was joking.

Cheers

Back