The Amazing Jonathan

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
Since I know a number of you have been to Vegas, I was wondering if anyone had seen his show. I've seen him on the Comedy Channel several times - he's funny.

My parents are on their month-long Wild West Trek and are spending a few days in Vegas. I am sending them to this show tonight. I hope his live show is as clean as his Comedy Channel shows or I have a lot of splaining to do.

Since I know a number of you have been to Vegas, I was wondering if anyone had seen his show. I've seen him on the Comedy Channel several times - he's funny.

My parents are on their month-long Wild West Trek and are spending a few days in Vegas. I am sending them to this show tonight. I hope his live show is as clean as his Comedy Channel shows or I have a lot of splaining to do.

I have not seen him in person but I did find this review of his Vegas show

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]His comedy/magic show is insane, as always, and his wild and outrageous illusions and jokes keep the audience laughing throughout the night. His type of humor is not going to be everyone's cup of tea---you have to be just a little bit sick to really appreciate his humor, but for those that do, you will find no better outlet.

The Amazing Johnathan's show is a mix of weird magical bits, humor, and abuse. With his impulsive, raw humor and abrasive wit, he keeps audiences on the edge of their seats while exhibiting spontaneous magic and showcasing special effects.
Might want to start a draft of that "splainin' ":p:p[/FONT][/FONT]

well, anything I've seen online or the COmedy Channel was wacky but not abusive.

for cripes sake, he does that "what's on your shirt" routine - you know when you swipe someone's nose after they look?

well, anything I've seen online or the COmedy Channel was wacky but not abusive.

for cripes sake, he does that "what's on your shirt" routine - you know when you swipe someone's nose after they look?

Here is some more
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] An early clue, as to what sort of humor will be the norm for the evening, comes with the video clips that precede the show. Video clips, from "There's Something About Mary," "Dumb and Dumber," etc., show off humor that is often crass, tasteless, and gross; and is a preview as to what is to come.

and this is from his bio
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] The Amazing Johnathan is an eccentric comic magician whose bizarre humor and unscripted antics have earned him widespread recognition as one of the most original and unique performers today. The Amazing Johnathan's show is a lot of fun for the right crowd. The humor is coarse and oftentimes gross, but it is funny in that very sick way. Johnathan was recently recognized as, "Best Local Villain." He is also a two-time winner of the International Magic Award for "Best Comedy Magician." If you enjoy his brand of humor and audience interaction, then you should definitely get out to see him.
[/FONT][/FONT]

well, I guess I'll learn more about my parents after they see him then won't I.
I guess. He seems pretty tame by rudeness standards though. More sophomoric in a good way. I would be less afraid of sending them to see the AJ than to see say Chris Rock or one of those guys with the potty mouths.

I saw him live in Vegas about 5 years ago. My face hurt for hours afterwards from laughing so much. He was hilarious.

Scott.

I've been meaning to see this guy for years... maybe when I go to Vegas in early November.

Beth, you going to the ABQ Balloon Fiesta this year?

Jon

Back