The Airport Game

LBCAK

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
LBCAK
One of the tools I use for planning local flights around things taller than me is Google Earth. It's great for being able to visualize a route, as well as viewing GPS tracks post flight.

Anyhow, looking around the other day for a new place to fly, reminded me of a game we used to play on another non aviation forum. We would find interesting things in Google Earth, landmarks, cities, interesting land masses, etc. I thought this could be done with airports too! Essentially, I will post a picture of an airport from Google Earth, someone will guess the airport, and if correct, will post a picture of an airport of their choosing. There are only a few rules...

1. Picture must be from Google Earth, Google Maps, or a service like them.
2. Picture must be a satellite view. Not map or street view.
3. Anyone can guess, but only the first verified correct guess may post the next picture, that person can defer their post to another person if they like.
4. If after a few days of incorrect guesses, the poster can EDIT the ORIGINAL post with clues. (EDIT the original picture post, please, dont create a new post for clues. This way people can see the clues with the picture.)

Thats it! Pretty easy.

To get the ball rolling I will post the first airport. It's a fairly easy one, this way people get the idea.

00000_zpsd329fdb5.png

Good luck!

EDIT: Just saw your in Jackson Hole, were planning a trip up there to go skiing in the next few weeks.

Pm me when ya got here........

!!!! Late breaking news !!!!!.......

Henning DID survive a ride in the 'deathtrap' of mine.... to all the people who sent me money to finish him off, your refund check is in the mail..;):nonod:

Pm me when ya got here........

!!!! Late breaking news !!!!!.......

Henning DID survive a ride in the 'deathtrap' of mine.... to all the people who sent me money to finish him off, your refund check is in the mail..;):nonod:

Which death trap? The red rocket or the snowmobile pointed at the snow berm?

We had a website that used to post this sort of quiz for airports in the Pacific Northwest. They would wipe out runway markings to make it harder. Some were easy, others not so easy. I found the Washington state aviation guide to be valuable as it had pictures of the airports that would like up features for you.

Back