The after math

I don't believe Mr. Robertson to be an alcoholic or drug user.

Si Robertson net worth: Si Robertson is an American duck hunter and reality television star who has a net worth of $5 million.
Seems to me to be a fairly successful man.

Military career

After dropping out of Louisiana Tech University after three quarters, Robertson was drafted into the United States Army during the Vietnam War. Si retired from the Army in 1993 with the rank of Sergeant First Class (E-7).
Like you he's retired military, same rank.

In an interview with Good Morning America, Robertson talked about his wife. He said, "One woman has already got my heart, we've been married for 43 years and her name is Miss Christine." He also talked about how after he had asked for her hand in marriage about 100 times, she finally said yes.[8] The two married in 1971, and they had a daughter; Trasa, and a son; Scott. They also have 8 grandsons.
Like the rest of his family, Robertson is very open about his Christian faith. "That's what got me through 65 years of life, my belief in God and what He's done for us and what He will do for us". His favorite Scripture verses are John 3:16 and 17. "When I sign people's stuff I put down John 3:16 and 17. Most people can tell you what 16 says, OK. 'For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son.' But they don't know nothin' about 17. It says Jesus didn't come to condemn us. If anybody had a right to condemn someone, it would be the son of God. If he didn't do it, then hey, we definitely are not qualified to do it." [9]
Robertson lent his voice and personal appearance to the VeggieTales video, Merry Larry and the True Light of Christmas in which he narrates the video and appears as an okra mall janitor.
Sure doesn't fit the profile of an alcoholic or drug user.

I don't believe Mr. Robertson to be an alcoholic or drug user.

Seems to me to be a fairly successful man.

Like you he's retired military, same rank.

Sure doesn't fit the profile of an alcoholic or drug user.

If memory serves, he is a former drug and alcohol user. Does not take away his accomplishments since.

If memory serves, he is a former drug and alcohol user. Does not take away his accomplishments since.

“I drank so much beer and whiskey in Vietnam that I decided I would quit drinking alcohol altogether once I returned home,” he writes in his book. “I saw what alcohol was doing to me in Vietnam and realized I needed to stop for good.” -Si Robertson, article in Huffington Post

“I drank so much beer and whiskey in Vietnam that I decided I would quit drinking alcohol altogether once I returned home,” he writes in his book. “I saw what alcohol was doing to me in Vietnam and realized I needed to stop for good.” -Si Robertson, article in Huffington Post

What I recall is what his wife said. After he came home from the Nam he was heavily into "self destructive" choices. I assumed it was a relapse or continuation. She gave him an ultimatum and he stopped, forever, so far.

I think my info came from the show. In any event, he has and is done well.

Just as I thought, the character in the series is an act.

His story is stereo typical of many of us VN vets.

Just as I thought, the character in the series is an act.

His story is stereo typical of many of us VN vets.

For that matter, many of us vets, VN or not.

What the heck is thread even about? What is it doing in this forum???

The show is scripted A-Z. We are supposed to believe that Phil Robertson can't string a sentence togethet yet somehow managed to obtain a masters degree in education....

The show is scripted A-Z. We are supposed to believe that Phil Robertson can't string a sentence togethet yet somehow managed to obtain a masters degree in education....

Hmm? Have you watched the show? He comes off as intelligent and folksy to me.

It is 95% scripted, though.

Why does Tom think that Si's character is an act? The show is scripted, but I'd say the characters are reasonably authentic. Have you seen the Robertsons' prior TV shows before they hit it big?

Back