The Adventure Continues

Beautiful bird and a nice panel to go with it!

Congrats Gary and Mary!

That hole at the top is a perfect place for a Gamin 375!

Beautiful bird. The Commander 112/114/115 series are the best looking 4/5-seat SE-piston out there. Trailing link gear, wide and plush cabin, and the cruciform tail make it look like a much bigger aircraft. If I were in the market for an XC airplane, it’d probably be the one I’d buy. Congrats!

Congrats! Good looking plane, and I dig the combination of the carbon fiber and wood on the panel.

Nice find Gary! I've always really liked the Commander series and this one looks really good.

Double doors are definitely nice. :)

Cheers,
Brian

Nice looking plane Gary, think it'll fly faster than the old Sundowner?.....:rolleyes: I hope you and Mary have many hours of fun flying the 112..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sweet plane! And nicely equipped. The Commander is probably my favorite airframe on the ramp. You can't beat the looks.

You guys rock! Going against the grain by jumping back in, and a sweet ride to boot, I am impressed!

You are a great inspiration to many on this board, more than you know. Congratulations!

Thanks, it's been a battle that's for sure. I wasn't raised to ever quit and I know how precious and short life is. Mary and I keep moving forward each day, wanting to enjoy each day of the journey together.

It feels good to be the caretaker of another aircraft. We are both looking forward to more adventures, meeting people and making new friendships along the way. Our friends and family have provided the laughs and support when each were needed. Our pilot friends have kept us both motivated to get back on the horse and provided me with an ear to vent about our accident and the process.

Life moves forward with or without us.....one may as well go along for the ride and have fun doing it. I'm happy to get out of bed each morning and face the new day ahead.

Beautiful new Commander @GMascelli ! I saw where you said it came with shoulder harnesses. Your incident really brought that to the forefront for me and after jumping through many hoops, I just got mine installed. Hope to pick it up from annual in a couple days. It's really strange at the hoops you have to go through to install something as safety related and simple as shoulder harnesses in certified aircraft.

Enjoy the new bird...are you taking it to OSH this year?

Beautiful new Commander @GMascelli ! I saw where you said it came with shoulder harnesses. Your incident really brought that to the forefront for me and after jumping through many hoops, I just got mine installed. Hope to pick it up from annual in a couple days. It's really strange at the hoops you have to go through to install something as safety related and simple as shoulder harnesses in certified aircraft.

Enjoy the new bird...are you taking it to OSH this year?

Glad to hear you have the belts installed in your 310. Thank God my bride digs scars, we won’t fly anything without them again.

No go on OSH for us, too many people and too much walking for this broke down body.

Your new AP seems to have it all covered. I’m catching up on videos since I was away working through the plane inspection. Looking forward to the cockpit tour video.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the first trip report!!

Yes, the adventure continues. With the annual inspection/prebuy completed our new to us plane will be coming home to KOXB - Ocean City, MD.

The prebuy trip to Cincinnati and the info on 3 Tango Charlie is on my Blog.

View attachment 73551
View attachment 73554
View attachment 73555
You got me drooling on that one, I hadn't seen those Commander 112's before, really diggin the 2 doors and roomy interior. Its kinda like what I imagined an airplane interior would look like before I started flight training and had the rude awakening, haha.

I finished up my transition training and finally started on my five solo hours.

Nice job, Gary. One thing I remember about transitioning from 172’s to the 112 was that the Commander’s nose has a definite downward slope compared to a Cessna. So if the cowl is part of your sight picture, you’ll be pulling the nose up just a little too much. Check against the AI.

And, yes, that trailing link gear makes most stinkers look good. :D

Back