The 50,000 post*

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
“Men of few words are the best men.”
- Henry V

But since I don’t meet that description...

The alternate is more accurate...

“It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”
- Macbeth

And to you all...

“Hell is empty and all the devils are here.”
- The Tempest

Which is just how we like things.

*If you believe the counter.

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." - Mark Twain

Congrats, Nate. Only been here a few months, but enjoy your contributions very much. Here's to the next 50K!

50,000 and counting! ;)

We’re all glad to have you around here, even if your posts require a TLDR section at the end!

:p

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." - Mark Twain

My old boss had the version: “When I was a kid I couldn’t figure out how my dad got through life as dumb as he was, he didn’t seem to be smart enough to tie his shoes. When I became an adult I couldn’t figure out how he got so smart so fast.”

Boy that sounds so... corporate. LOL!

I'm glad that wasn't lost. :D

We must all efficiently operationalize our strategies,
Invest in world-class technology and leverage our core competencies,
In order to holistically administrate exceptional synergy

Hear hear...Great post from a fellow Anglophile...here’s to many more....

Well, at least we now know it isn't counting backwards.

Unless positive is backward and it indicates how low this place will go...? ;)

We do need to revive the coleslaw thread. I had some weird coleslaw that I’m definitely not sure about. Has red and green pepper in it. Not sure it’s allowed to be called coleslaw.

“Great people talk about ideas, average people talk about themselves, and small people talk about others”

I like the idea of me saving animals with others.

:D

*If you believe the counter

I do not! It's unfathomable, without fathom I say, that in 50,000+ posts that you haven't posted one that was deleted by management council for crossing a line.

I do not! It's unfathomable, without fathom I say, that in 50,000+ posts that you haven't posted one that was deleted by management council for crossing a line.

I have. I don’t know what that does to the counter, though.

50,000 and counting! ;)

We’re all glad to have you around here, even if your posts require a TLDR section at the end!

:p

tl;dr goes at the beginning, not the end. Otherwise one would have to read the Too Long section in order to get to the summary.

Unless positive is backward and it indicates how low this place will go...? ;)

We do need to revive the coleslaw thread. I had some weird coleslaw that I’m definitely not sure about. Has red and green pepper in it. Not sure it’s allowed to be called coleslaw.

Hosted a 60 man retreat a few weeks ago and grilled ribeyes. One of the other cooks made slaw with some jalepenos and juice ... had a nice bite to it.

Nate, congrats on 50k posts. Nice to have you back. :)

I have. I don’t know what that does to the counter, though.

I don't either. I'm assuming it gets taken off the count. MC, we need a ruling on the field here. Should there be an asterisk by DP's record

¥

I don't what that symbol is, do you, DP?

I don't either. I'm assuming it gets taken off the count. MC, we need a ruling on the field here. Should there be an asterisk by DP's record

¥

I don't what that symbol is, do you, DP?

They’re not going to answer that. There’s a bunch of folks who magically had interesting post count numbers in the past. It’s just a number in a database, and a little SQL and voila... ;)

tl;dr goes at the beginning, not the end. Otherwise one would have to read the Too Long section in order to get to the summary.

TL;DR started at Reddit, and it was by convention, always at the bottom. Catch the eye of someone smart enough to scroll down quickly, I guess.

I enjoyed the post. Not quite like a recent one that was a milestone post went more like this
66903646-6539-416C-9FC8-59672E81889A.gif

I dont even know WTF that means......internet fail.

It’s something that started at Reddit, the website named like people actually want to read things there, ironically... which stands for “Too Long; Didn’t Read.”

It can be used as a statement to someone, as in you didn’t read their post, as if anyone cares...

Or it evolved into the original poster saying “The TL;DR version of this post is...” and a one line summary.

Those of us who are old will remember this as the “Executive Summary” at the top of printed company memos going upstream toward the lazy... cough... busy execs. ;)

I still have to put the exec sum in my reports at work..... I get it. Boss is way too bust to read that BS. Whats the bottom line.

I still have to put the exec sum in my reports at work..... I get it. Boss is way too bust to read that BS. Whats the bottom line.

We all do. He might have to skip some golf if not. LOL.

It’s cool. He earned his golf. Or whatever.

As long as he does whatever is in the memo, we’ll keep our chit working for him. LOL.

If he doesn’t, all the memo is for is “I told you that chit would happen.” Hahaha.

Back