That's kid stuff...crazy stuff!

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Picked up the plane today from annual. Wanted to get it out of there and back to Hastings while I had a clear day. Wind was 25015G25, and I had the runway choice of 12 or 30.

Still can't figure out why dad didn't want to practice take offs and landings today.

Still can't figure out why dad didn't want to practice take offs and landings today.

Well a lot of students are poorly prepared for stronger winds because of their CFIs being so inexperienced themselves. ;);)

Well you will have to get him up there and show him how it is done. Those winds with that runway config is something he will really have to deal with the in midwest. Looks like ou set up a lesson around winds like that one day.

I hadn't flown in nearly two weeks and the flight portion of my CP is scheduled for tomorrow morning. So, today I went up and practiced maneuvers again just to knock off the rust. Winds were pushy but I pushed back. Landings were good considering the gusts... 28014G22.

I didn't have too bad of a day until some moron thought it appropriate to enter the pattern on base and not announce it until then. At the time, I was abeam the numbers and had already called downwind twice. So, I end up with a 2.6 mile final thanks to this moron. I bit my tongue on saying anything on the radio.

Upon leaving the airport, I check voice mail and it's the DE asking if I was free this afternoon to finish up rather than tomorrow morning. I could have been holding a temporary ticket right now. Doh! :dunno:

I hadn't flown in nearly two weeks and the flight portion of my CP is scheduled for tomorrow morning. So, today I went up and practiced maneuvers again just to knock off the rust. Winds were pushy but I pushed back. Landings were good considering the gusts... 28014G22.

I didn't have too bad of a day until some moron thought it appropriate to enter the pattern on base and not announce it until then. At the time, I was abeam the numbers and had already called downwind twice. So, I end up with a 2.6 mile final thanks to this moron. I bit my tongue on saying anything on the radio.

Upon leaving the airport, I check voice mail and it's the DE asking if I was free this afternoon to finish up rather than tomorrow morning. I could have been holding a temporary ticket right now. Doh! :dunno:

You don't want to do your comm ride when it's gusting. Trust me. You get the hell beat out of you for eights on pylons, and your spot landing is subject to variation.

Back