THAT was close! (pics)

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I don't usually get to see the belly of a Bonanza that close!

Attachments

• T82 040.jpg
    T82 040.jpg
    589.1 KB · Views: 191
jeez dave you mustve had to throttle way back to stay that close! :)

OK, for the rest of the story, now? Were you in formation flight, or did this guy go over you??

These ones were close too!
(nicely done, Troy)

Attachments

• T82 060.jpg
    T82 060.jpg
    591.8 KB · Views: 139
this was the Texas contingent of the FFI formation flight that does a show at Oshkosh. They train and do several shows each year, and just happened to be at Fredericksburg Tx this weekend coincidentally as the Viking crowd was too. I know one of the bonanza pilots and he invited me along for one of their training flights. (the Viking pilots must have figured me as a traitor)

I was in shock because I had spent all my flying years trying to avoid having that much airplane in my windows and here I was with one 10' out the front, and one out each side.
I gotta say those guys work to make it happen, it's not easy. The other airplanes were floating and drifting all over as we were and it was a constant battle to stay in your box; its pretty intense.
They were glad to give me permission to share the photos, I'll see if any others turned out.

Dave,
It's awesome that you got to ride with the "Texas V-Tails." Who did you ride with? I recognize Whitehead's plane in the one photo. I'm guessing Smudge was leading it?

They're truly an awesome group of pilots.

Hey Chris, I didn't notice til now you are with the Ca group, will you be meeting up with them at osh this year? Yes that was Smudge, I was with Leldon Locke my colleague and good friend from Sherman Tx.

That is the plan! Leldon is a good guy. If you make it out to OSH, let me know.

Back