That was a pretty good feeling...

kfvintx

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Kenny
OK.... that was a damn good feeling.

13 hours into PPL and during my lesson last night on the last 2 landings, they were entirely 100% me with no input or correction or even direction from CFI.

Not on the same level of solo or check ride, but a pretty nice milestone along the way I think. Can't wait for next lesson and more practice.

Welcome to the forum,congrats on reaching a milestone in your training,solo can't be far now.

One of the many things I like about flying is the "it's easy to do it safely, it's hard to do it well" aspect. When you get good at it, it's very satisfying.

Wait until you solo, its feels even better. Some of my best landings are solo because, at least for me, I can feel the plane and make the necessary adjustments instead of worrying about what my CFI is saying.

Good luck with your training.:thumbsup:

Some of my best landings are solo because there is no one there to prove otherwise….

Planes fly a whole lot better without an instructor's fat butt in the right seat.

Some of my best landings are solo because there is no one there to prove otherwise….

Planes fly a whole lot better without an instructor's fat butt in the right seat.

Yup. I was riding in the back seat with my father flying with my CFI. He's not current on medical but has flown for many years, so he's flying again with my CFI to get his skills back. My Dad did a couple of great T+Gs in a row. On the next pass, on base my CFI said: "Watch this, your Dad is going to do his best landing yet on this one; it'll be perfect!"

Of course, it was his worst landing of the day.

It was a great demonstration of how mental flying is and how poorly you do when you're under pressure, and pressure that's even purely imaginary.

Back