That <Passive Aggressive> Guy...

kyleb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Drake the Outlaw
I know a guy who (about 30 years ago) was working as a cook at a fried chicken place. He was fairly conscientious and made sure things flowed smoothly in the back of the restaurant.

Then, one day, the manager (who was about 2 years older than the cook and had vastly more fried chicken experience) came through and chewed the cook's arse out because there was chicken in the fryer, but the manager hadn't ordered up any chicken. The cook conceded that the manager was supposed to trigger the cooking of chicken, but he never had, so the cook took it upon himself to manage the "ready to eat" chicken inventory. The manager made it clear that only *he*, the HMFIC, was to make the weighty decision to cook chicken (and how much to cook), and left it at that.

The next day was Christmas Eve. About an hour before close, the drive through turned into chaos, with car after car ordering vast quantities of chicken. The cook noticed. The HMFIC didn't. Sucks to be a fried chicken restaurant without any fried chicken on Christmas Eve when customers are lined up around the building...

You see, there was the "that guy" thread where you talk about the other guy and the crappy things he's done.

And there's this thread where you look back and say "Wow, what I did there was pretty crappy in my own passive aggressive way..."

Well then I'm glad you got that off your chest, albeit 30 years later and at the most random time imaginable. And now I'm in the mood for fried chicken thank u very much.

Well then I'm glad you got that off your chest, albeit 30 years later and at the most random time imaginable. And now I'm in the mood for fried chicken thank u very much.

Sorry. All out. 18 minute wait. Please pull to the side.

No way eman gets fried chicken. Sorry.

I actually looked up Broasted Chicken vs Fried Chicken, and looked for Broasted chicken places near me. Didn't find any. Started working on the cost to open one in my under served market.

Sorry. All out. 18 minute wait. Please pull to the side.

Which is just an ancient 30 year old polite way of saying..."No chicken for you. Next!"

You don't have a Bob Evans around you? They have broasted chicken.

You see, there was the "that guy" thread where you talk about the other guy and the crappy things he's done.

And there's this thread where you look back and say "Wow, what I did there was pretty crappy in my own passive aggressive way..."

So, uh, which guy were you? They were both a little, well, ummm...

I actually looked up Broasted Chicken vs Fried Chicken, and looked for Broasted chicken places near me. Didn't find any. Started working on the cost to open one in my under served market.

Broasted chicken is the real deal! Got any Amish around you? They sure do make great broasted chicken . . . . :happydance:

The only place where we can get broasted chicken around here is, ironically, at a local family owned ice cream shop.

I'm not in the short order food service industry, but I think if I were the cook in the original post, I would have unplugged all of the friolators, given notice, and walked out the door.

Back