That Nrst button IS useful!

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
I flew the R22 out to Sky Manor (N40) today for the really great burgers they have there. Departing after lunch to come home I thought it might be fun to visit Vansant (9N1), since it was almost on my route of flight.

Now, I'm thinkin', I don't really want to let go of the collective and try to read the sectional to try to puzzle runway orientation and CTAF and fly the helicopter at the same time. :hairraise:

So I try the Nrst button on the Gamin 250 we have in the ship, and lo and behold, there's everything I need!

How 'bout that? It's good for something besides emergencies :yes:

Oh yeah. I forgot. I got to see a tow plane and glider depart while I was on base. Cool!

Last edited:
yep those fancy boxes are sure handy. and while flying aerotow is fairly stressful and a damn ugly and noisy way to get in the air, watching aerotow is a pretty beautiful thing.

some of them have a feature to show the 10 nearest airports in order...for next time when the one you want isn't the nearest.

RotaryWingBob said:
I flew the R22 out to Sky Manor (N40) today for the really great burgers they have there. Departing after lunch to come home I thought it might be fun to visit Vansant (9N1), since it was almost on my route of flight.

Now, I'm thinkin', I don't really want to let go of the collective and try to read the sectional to try to puzzle runway orientation and CTAF and fly the helicopter at the same time.

Bob,

You should have gone IFR as in I Follow Rivers. :<)

Len

Len Lanetti said:
Bob,

You should have gone IFR as in I Follow Rivers. :<)

Len
Len, I'm a bi-IFR! I Follow both Roads and Rivers ;)

First time a flew a helicopter ito PTW, I flew up Rt. 100 to Rt. 113, then 113 past Phoenixville to the Schuylkill river, hang a left at the river and follow it until you see an airport to the right :yes:

Of course, I could have gone directly to the cooling towers and started looking, but what fun would that be?

i would also liek to add that i fly into sky manor as much as possible becasue i have yet to have a better $100 hamburger anywhere else...also the cheesesteaks are unbeleivable..

sky manor is a cool very well kept small airport..
and getting a close look at those russian amphibians is cool also..

Ant

Back