That felt good...

Ghery

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Ghery Pettit
It's been since late October that I've logged any PIC time. Fixed that after work today. Got the club's Arrow and logged 1.0 hours, 8 landings to a full stop, all after 1 hour after sunset. Current for day and night VFR again. That sure felt good. And every landing was a great one, we can continue to use the plane. :D

I need to do the exact same thing, and you just inspired me to get it done. Great job and thanks for the motivation. :)

It's been since late October that I've logged any PIC time. Fixed that after work today. Got the club's Arrow and logged 1.0 hours, 8 landings to a full stop, all after 1 hour after sunset. Current for day and night VFR again. That sure felt good. And every landing was a great one, we can continue to use the plane. :D

Sounds wonderful! But don't you still have your Skylane?

Glad you got up... my flight time has been curtailed by Estate paperwork... another six accounts dealt with today... one even just drops all charges pending at death, I thought that was interesting. Most send a final statement to the Estate.

This one said, "Zero balance, we'll send a final statement showing that for your records. Sorry for your loss." It wasn't a huge account/expense or anything, and the Estate can certainly afford to pay it, but what a nice way to show you're run by human beings and not computers...

Airplane probably misses me. Going to snow tomorrow night.

Sounds wonderful! But don't you still have your Skylane?

I do, but I was solo and figured the FBO would be closed after I finished. I cannot put the 182 away by myself, I need a second person pushing to get it back in the hangar. I tried for the old 172, but it was down for maintenance (spinner backplate), so the Arrow was a viable choice. Not sure why I stay current in that thing, it kills my knees everytime I fly it. But, it was fun.

I do, but I was solo and figured the FBO would be closed after I finished. I cannot put the 182 away by myself, I need a second person pushing to get it back in the hangar. I tried for the old 172, but it was down for maintenance (spinner backplate), so the Arrow was a viable choice. Not sure why I stay current in that thing, it kills my knees everytime I fly it. But, it was fun.

Cool.

You need a nose tug, a golf cart will do. Or a winch at the back of the hanger to haul the 182 back into the hanger.

You need a nose tug, a golf cart will do. Or a winch at the back of the hanger to haul the 182 back into the hanger.

I'll bug the club leaders about that. I'd fly the 182 a lot more if I didn't need help to put it away.

I'll bug the club leaders about that. I'd fly the 182 a lot more if I didn't need help to put it away.

When I flew a club/hangared 182 the line guys would help push it in when we topped off after each flight. Are they around later at night?

When I flew a club/hangared 182 the line guys would help push it in when we topped off after each flight. Are they around later at night?

No. The FBO closed at 7 and I landed around 7:30. Nobody to help push the 182 back into the hangar. It's just too heavy for me to handle by myself. So I took the Arrow and left a phone message with the FBO for them to gas it up in the morning (which they do routinely for our club).

Oh, club plane. I was going to say, if it was my plane the lack of a tug or (preferably) a winch is not something I'd be willing to just live with. Help pushing the bird back is nice when it's available, but if I didn't have a winch, I'd (almost) never fly at night.

Back