That Day Has Come

iQuit

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hope he didn't work too long, and can enjoy his money and the time he has left, versus fighting with his illness(es).

Hopefully Apple will now have Flash available prior to weeks end.

From a friend's FB posting...

Steve Jobs' text was meant to say: "I reign as CEO of Apple" Damn you autocorrect!

iSad.

I found a copy of Steve Job's resignation letter.

Very interesting!

Attachments

• job-resignation.pdf
    49.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Let's not go SZ.
So we can't talk about a half Muslim, anchor baby born to two grad students?

His father's name is Abdulfattah Jandali. If you had to ask me what Steve Jobs' father's name was I never in one zillion years would've guessed that and that Steve Jobs biologically was half Syrian Muslim. For some reason I thought he was Jewish. Maybe it's because I wanted to be him so I projected my own background onto him. His parents were two graduate students who I guess weren't sure if they were ready for a kid so put him up for adoption and then a few years later had another kid (see above). So I didn't know he was adopted. The one requirement his biological parents had was that he be adopted by two college-educated people.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-altucher/steve-jobs-resigns_b_935874.html

Last edited:
He's still Chairman of the Board, Director and Apple employee. Plus, he's still on the board for Disney.
I think Apple will be ok.
Hard to replace a visionary person like Jobs, but Ford and Disney kept going after their creators left...

He really is as much of a leader and visionary as Henry Ford. When you think about the products he shepherded, he singlehanded leaped technology ahead by 10 years or more than it would have gone otherwise.

I have a bad feeling that Steve will leave us entirely within three months.

Looks about the same as at the Lion and iCloud announcement. Not healthy.

Makes me wonder if he regrets taking all the drugs in the 80s. Can't definitively say that helped bring on the cancer or killed his liver, but it couldn't have helped. Problem is, without the drugs he may never have been crazy/manic enough to think he could create a computer company, or have been the driven psyco his employees describe him as. Interesting Catch-22.

You guys forget about The Woz, the father of it all. I personally have never been a fan of Jobs' strategy, he's end products are "good" but keeping everything under lock and key, being more expensive and having to wholly sell out to Apple has been a tough sell for me as developer over the years, I learned Objective-C and Coco but never once had a request to use it during my years of programming.

So we can't talk about a half Muslim, anchor baby born to two grad students?

[/spoiler]

Last I checked, religious identity is not ethnicity nor a race. One is not born into a religion. Sure, you can be raised in it, and when old enough, claim it for yourself (or not, if you are sufficiently free thinking)

I'm not identified as half catholic. Nor as half baptist. And I practice neither.

Back