"Thanksgiving Express Lane" - Will this work?

TSA has its new idea on how to prevent delays - pack neatly:

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/simplifly.shtm

And remember "We're Here To Help"

Corrected caption for their picture:
"Left: Your neatly packed bag. Right: Your bag after we're through with it."

suitcase_organization.jpg

Corrected caption for their picture:
"Left: Your neatly packed bag. Right: Your bag after we're through with it."

suitcase_organization.jpg

Heh - it would have been more correct if you had PhotoShopped out the Blackberry in the 'after' shot.

I got to visit customers this week- left Albany, NY this morning - took the 7:30 "Dawn Patrol" flight- left 15 minutes late (that's OK in my book). Visibility looked low in fog, but we got off anyway. The TSA was very polite- the lady just before the X-ray machine apologized for telling me what to do even though I'd had my stuff out they way they like it "We have to tell everyone". The one after the X-ray machine wished me a happy holiday. Lots of travelers noticed at 5:30 AM.

Landed at Chicago ORD on time. Weather was rain. We left ORD on time, arrived at Lincoln, NE on time in snow.

First time I went through Chicago when they had bad weather and all was on time! No luggage lost (it was all carry-on)

Other flights going to the east coast from ORD were delayed due to bad wx at the destination.

News reports seem to be saying this helped. Opened more ways to get around some weather off the east coast. Still, it is weather and not other traffic that is the driving force. Certainly not many GA flights getting in their way up above FL300.

We had about 10-30 minute delays getting into Boston on all three of our legs yesterday and I was chatting with one of our frequent fliers who said that his shuttle flight into NY was over 2.5 hours delayed out of Boston (wx and ATC, no mx).

I still say, if we would all just start paying a fee for ATC services, for each segment we fly, the whole flight delay thing would be O-VER.

Why do you say that ? No flame, just curious.

Our flight the day before Thanksgiving was unusual in that ATC went out of their way to give us our preferred altitude or put us between layers. They cut the corners when they were directing us from VOR to VOR and sent us direct frequently and cleared us through airspace we normally are required to skirt.

Was it because of the Prez's directive? I don't know.

Why do you say that ? No flame, just curious.

JD, haven't you been here long enough to recognize our resident jokester in action??? ;)

Sorry for delayed response...

...yes indeed, joking, it was.

Remember, some genius politicians (only slightly influenced by airline PAC contributions, no doubt) think we need to pay more for the privilege of using ATC services. And remember the video, "...Out of my way, we have a tee-time to make..."?

Sorry for delayed response...

...yes indeed, joking, it was.

Remember, some genius politicians (only slightly influenced by airline PAC contributions, no doubt) think we need to pay more for the privilege of using ATC services. And remember the video, "...Out of my way, we have a tee-time to make..."?
Also remember the genius who thought that we should be paying for NWS products too.

Hopefully, with the departure of Lott things may swing back toward GA friendly.

While I think Lott got a raw deal a few years ago, I don't think of him as a true conservative and certainly not a friend to the little guy.

Back