Thanksgivin in Chesapeake

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
Headed to CPK in the morning to see Daughter and Granddaughter. May see son-in-law but not sure.

My Daughter and family are movin to Greenville, SC---so, long ADIZ area :p

He's got a job at Lycoming. House is sold and I'll be baby sittin and helping them pack.

Hope y'all have a great Thanksgivin and look forward to checking the board from there if they still have phone/dsl service.

Best,

Dave

Great trip to Chesapeake from Dallas today. Tail winds were great up high; so, out came the oxygen mask and up I went to FL250 in the TN A-36. Still had 25" of MP up there.

Couple great comments from Center! Fort Worth asked about things when I requested FL250 from 190. Asked how fast I'd be going up there. How the flight was and how high I'd been in this plane.

Atlanta was best. The controller was quite enthused. Made a big point of the fact that he'd never had a Bonanza check in at FL250!! Had several questions for me.

As much fun as it was, five hours with an oxygen mask on isn't much fun. Did get on top of some systems I was glad to be over rather than in. Basically trued out up there about 200 Knots; 15.5 gallons per hour, 25" of MP with ground speeds from 250 upt to 275 knots. Eeeeeeehawwwww!

Best,

Dave

Last edited:
Dave:

Has all the fun.

Wish I could afford to buy your TN A36. Oh well.

What I really wish is, taht I could afford to *own* it.

Sigh.

Let's get together when I get back! Missed the last club meeting. Have a great holiday!!

Dave

Headed back to Dallas this morning; looks like some strong headwinds until Tennessee even if I stay low; oh well. I'll check in when I get settled back at home.

Best,

Dave

Dave;

Glad you got to see Chesapeake Country; What a great flight coming up. Wow 275 over the ground in a A36. Bet it took some distance to get down. Have a nice flight back home

John

Back