Thanks

Andrew Powers

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Andrew
Hello All!
Thank you for picking up the ball when you realized that the AOPA webboard was failing.
As a Canadian member, the connection to the membership was very important to me in order maintain a feel for the community at large. The Aviation community is one that should transcend politics, religion and borders.
I don't talk a lot, but I sure like to listen. I found here what I was looking for.
Anyone flying into Southern Ontario, Toronto area, and would like someone to take them out for lunch (or dinner) please let me know!
Andrew

Nice to met you Andrew. Although I was born in the US, my father was originally from the Toronto area. If I ever feel brave enough to deal with customs flying to and from Canada I may very well take you up on the offer.

Jeannie

Andrew from your bio you may be of the age to remember my home field (now housing development) when I was a teenager; Maple. I have been to Brampton many many times.

Good to meet you too, Jeannie! Don't let customs be a concern. Let them know ahead of time, have all your documentation and I think it's $25. Cdn.
Just as you do, we designated ports of entry. CNC3 is not one of them! Keep in mind, our C is your B. Brampton is under Toronto's C. At an untowered airport, do not enter at a 45. For some peculiar reason it's frowned upon. Either straight in, mid downwind from upwind side or cross the field for the turn around to join midwind. Give it some thought!

Dave, I couldn't afford to do these things until middle age. Trying to make up for it now - even having to buy my house for the second time! I'm sure lot's of you know what that's all about.
Yes, development has swallowed much of this area. There are housing developments very close to the southern end of the airport and guess what? People move in and immediately complain about ac noise! The airport is in politically good hands to deal with these people.
Andrew

Andrew Powers said:
Good to meet you too, Jeannie! Don't let customs be a concern. Let them know ahead of time, have all your documentation and I think it's $25. Cdn.

It's not so much The Canadian customs that concerns me. It's trying to get back into the US that is my major concern. I've recently heard that anyone traveling to Canada should get a passport otherwise getting back home may be much more difficult.

Jeannie

Andrew Powers said:
There are housing developments very close to the southern end of the airport and guess what? People move in and immediately complain about ac noise!

The last time I visited I noticed a huge sign near LBP next to a housing development that stated the immediate presence of the airport!

Maverick said:
It's not so much The Canadian customs that concerns me. It's trying to get back into the US that is my major concern. I've recently heard that anyone traveling to Canada should get a passport otherwise getting back home may be much more difficult.

That's going to be the requirement (next year I think), but I've never had any trouble in either direction. My normal AoE is Alpena coming back.

lancefisher said:
That's going to be the requirement (next year I think), but I've never had any trouble in either direction. My normal AoE is Alpena coming back.

Get the passport now, it'll be good for a long enough period of time that they might actually get the problems with the RFID chips worked out before you end up with an RFID passport.

Back