Thanks for growing my Bucket List, Montana!

JimNtexas

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jim - In Texas!
I was reading the Wall Street Journal at lunch today, and was gobsmacked to see that the State of Montana is still maintaining a set of lighted airway beacons!

At first I thought the article was about the guys who change the lights on radio towers. That is a standard slow news day story.

But no! Instead I now have added yet another item to my bucket list: fly Montana at night.

I'm 62, I'm falling way behind on that list and now I have to add one more item!

You're pretty cool Montana, but it sucks getting old! :(

e-w_crop.gif

Very interesting. Thanks for posting that!

Googled it, and found the following video. Will have to watch this tonight after I get home:

I was reading the Wall Street Journal at lunch today, and was gobsmacked to see that the State of Montana is still maintaining a set of lighted airway beacons!

At first I thought the article was about the guys who change the lights on radio towers. That is a standard slow news day story.

But no! Instead I now have added yet another item to my bucket list: fly Montana at night.

I'm 62, I'm falling way behind on that list and now I have to add one more item!

You're pretty cool Montana, but it sucks getting old! :(

Be careful at night there if you're VFR only…. Lots of black holes. I lived and flew there for 5 years. Though full moon clear nights are almost as good as it gets. I used to go see how high my cherokee would get at sunset and fly over the Bitterroots, look east, see stars and night, look west, see the sun. EPIC view. the lack of humidity means you can see forever.

Back