Thank you Alphbeam*

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
A few months ago I got tired of the incandescent GE light on my Cherokee. the beam was pretty thin even 80 feet in front of the plane. The Alphabeam was not only brighter but at least 10 times wider. Although the $275 price tag was a tough pill to swallow for a landing landing light but it paid off last night.

I was runway hopping the four airports near Tucson on a night flight to check out my new Nulite panel. (my 1970 Cherokee didn't have instrument lights, just a red dome that was less than adequate) On short final to Marana just before the flare, I noticed two coyotes on the runway, one on the center line crossing right to left with another about 20 feet behind. I went around and warned the guy behind me about them. I know that if I had not upgraded my landing light I probably would have hit the second coyote.

Be safe out there.

*not affiliated with Teledyne or any of its subsidiaries.

Good write up :yes:

It would be nice if the FAA would pull its thumb out of its arse and get the part 23 rewrite done.

No reason a simple and great safety upgrade LED light should cost nearly three hundred bucks.

no doubt, the LED landing light is a great mod. I blew through 2 incandescent bulbs in the first 3 months of ownership, both at night. I pretty much fly with my light on all the time now.

Weird.
On the alphabeam forum, there is a thread titled "You're welcome Timbeck2"

Back