Thank Heaven For Little Girls

You guys are sweet but that is OK. I want it to be from me to the little girl. Plus we don't know if the parents will let her go with a novice (I signed the letter "Kimberly Anne Private Pilot Certified on 8-28-2011" so they would BE WARNED I'm a newbie).

Also my Mom has been giving me side jobs to earn extra money. I'll use that.

But again, super nice of all of you to offer.

Very nice.
What about offering to go to her class and doing something like the young eagles program excluding taking the whole class flying. Children love for someone special to come to school and show a young eagles video then spend 15min answering questions. You could reward the child and inspire a classroom of young pilots.

Very nice.
What about offering to go to her class and doing something like the young eagles program excluding taking the whole class flying. Children love for someone special to come to school and show a young eagles video then spend 15min answering questions. You could reward the child and inspire a classroom of young pilots.

Cute idea but I have already sent the package and don't need to get involved in her personal life (going to her school). For all we know she is home schooled. I think I will just wait to see if they call or write. If they don't that will be the end of this very happy story.

How close are you to me? Yes they are always talking to us but I've never noticed a GGB only controller. Last one pretty much told me 8 planes at GGB and suggested I fly 2500 to stay out of their way.

I fly out of Palo Alto Airport. Last Sunday I was flying past the Golden Gate on my way to Concord, and tuned around until I found a frequency that was working bridge sightseeing traffic. I didn't hear him working anyone other than GA traffic.

You guys are sweet but that is OK. I want it to be from me to the little girl.

Understood, but you would actually refuse donations to the Kimberly Flying Fund?

Understood, but you would actually refuse donations to the Kimberly Flying Fund?

Probably, because I'm stubborn, and I don't like accepting help. For a living I help other people so it is very tough for me to take charity.

It's not charity, it's allowing us to be part of spreading the aviation experience.

You guys are sweet but that is OK. I want it to be from me to the little girl. Plus we don't know if the parents will let her go with a novice (I signed the letter "Kimberly Anne Private Pilot Certified on 8-28-2011" so they would BE WARNED I'm a newbie).

Also my Mom has been giving me side jobs to earn extra money. I'll use that.

But again, super nice of all of you to offer.

Bravo Zulu on you Kim! Good attitude IMHO

Yup because she doesn't want to state on a public web board that she will take money to fly someone. :wink2:

That post made my day. Maybe my week.

Reminds me of the line from Willy Wonka -- "A good deed shines in a weary world."

The letter looks like girl's handwriting to me as well. (like my daughter's)

Now that you have the required three certificates you can get rated in something like this:

21697_1249647563_tb.jpg

The letter looks like girl's handwriting to me as well. (like my daughter's)

Now that you have the required three certificates you can get rated in something like this:

21697_1249647563_tb.jpg

That plane looks like the weenermobile!

Back