TFRs, Have We reached the limit ???

Edgefly

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Edgefly
When I brought up Foreflight to plan a short trip last night, I was greeted with a huge yellow swath of aispace in the Northeast representing TFRs for August 22/23 covering an area north from approx. WilkesBarre Pa to the Canadian border and thence East to the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area in NY. Wow, I thought something important must be going on here !! Along with the usual boilerplate nonsense which usually accompanies TFRs, I find that these are apparently to protect some important government dignitaries on a BUS tour-two days worth!!!!
Not only that but, the F16 police are going to be especially vigilant against known violators of human rights such as crop dusters, aerobatic pilots,glider pilots and any other fool who just might want to fly his personal plane !!! These beastly, malevolent, terrorist minded types are obviously making secret plans to upset and disrupt bus tours. I wonder who is really going on this two day journey ? No question, this is an affair of strategic importance to our countrys'
National security.

Isn't it time that GA and the American public takes action against the mindless fools we have allowed to take over our government ?

Isn't it time that GA and the American public takes action against the mindless fools we have allowed to take over our government ?
This pre-supposes that GA and The American Public are on the same side. Most GA people would agree that we are, but only a few AP people would. The rest are either apathetic towards GA, or actively dislike us (either because we're the people making noise near the house they bought [knowing it was next to an airport] or because we're the rich spoiled children that do things they cannot [since they don't take the time to learn about it].

I've reached my limit with these god dang TFR's. It's redonkulous.

Unfortunately we've let GA slip since Lindbergh to the point where the average American would place the importance of a stupid bus tour above some pilot flying their plane....as long as that commercial flight they may be on is not affected...which it's not.

Does a TFR really extend into Canadian airspace?

duhyhuga.jpg

Here you go.....

Those are highlighted in yellow, it's only the red ones you have to avoid.

NO, NO, NO, they are highlighted in yellow as a procedure in FF!!!!!!!!!!!! It only means that they are not yet in effect. When they are, they will be RED. All this has nothing to do with compliance and Gestapo tactics by our malfunctioning government !!!!! We have to stop whimpering in the corner and understanding the "need". Otherwise we'll have Detroit everywhere.

If an airplane crashes into the right building you can expect to see one of those shaped roughly like the CONUS. I suspect GA will die of its own devices before we see that though.

All the way down to Scranton now. Glad I will not be making a trip to the northeast tomorrow or Friday

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Does a TFR really extend into Canadian airspace?

Depends if the FAA has coordinated with Transport Canada or not.

Airspace defense in North America is a joint military command called NORAD anyway, so it's possible you could be intercepted in the US by a Canadian F-18...As the boss was away on 9/11, there was a Canadian in command at NORAD actually.

NO, NO, NO, they are highlighted in yellow as a procedure in FF!!!!!!!!!!!! It only means that they are not yet in effect. When they are, they will be RED. All this has nothing to do with compliance and Gestapo tactics by our malfunctioning government !!!!! We have to stop whimpering in the corner and understanding the "need". Otherwise we'll have Detroit everywhere.

The NSA has received this message and knows who and where you are gather your things they will be along shortly, Citizen. :hairraise::yikes:

Point taken, but will they all be red at the same time? Probably not.

Does anyone know the exact nature and/or origin of this bus tour? Who is the person who agrees to the issuance of such ridiculous TFRs ? This certainly has to be public information but I am not sure where to start. Please save your sarcasm and childish prattling for a waste column instead of using up time on this thread.

How do you know this is aimed at GA? It could be aimed at everyone right?

Area A
Airspace Definition:
Center: On the BUFFALO VOR/DME (BUF) 302 degree radial at 5.2 nautical miles. (Latitude: 42º57'48"N, Longitude: 78º45'14"W)
Radius: 30 nautical miles
Altitude: From the surface up to but not including 18000 feet MSL

Oh yeah, there is that.... Silly wabbit.

How do you know this is aimed at GA? It could be aimed at everyone right?

Area A
Airspace Definition:
Center: On the BUFFALO VOR/DME (BUF) 302 degree radial at 5.2 nautical miles. (Latitude: 42º57'48"N, Longitude: 78º45'14"W)
Radius: 30 nautical miles
Altitude: From the surface up to but not including 18000 feet MSL

Oh yeah, there is that.... Silly wabbit.

Are you saying that no GA aircraft fly above 18000feet? All those bizjets are 121 ops?

Are you saying that no GA aircraft fly above 18000feet? All those bizjets are 121 ops?

You know what he meant. If there's no real threat from airliners diving down from above, there's even less real threat from a spamcan.

Pack the Skylane to max gross with explosives, I'm not going to make a dent in a modern Presidential limousine.

But hey... Only the stuff below FL180 might not be talking and squawking and on a flight plan, and that's the REAL thing that bothers them.

I'm saying exactly what I'm saying. What are you saying? Hey, good for you if you have a pt 91 bizjet. I'm -- let's just say, impressed, yeah that's the right word.

Looks like they're running along I-81. If I cared enough, I probably could figure out what's going on.

-Rich

Looks like they're running along I-81. If I cared enough, I probably could figure out what's going on.

-Rich

When will you care? I'm guessing about the time that the whole map is red, with little tiny pockets of non-red in N MT, West ND, W TX and maybe a few patches of E WA. That's where we're headed.

Above 18,000 you are in class A airspace so there is no need for a TFR - ATC can send you willy - nilly across the country without it, or if they do let you fly over it will be impossible to do anything bad because you are under Air Traffic CONTROL.

Above 18,000 you are in class A airspace so there is no need for a TFR - ATC can send you willy - nilly across the country without it, or if they do let you fly over it will be impossible to do anything bad because you are under Air Traffic CONTROL.

Exactly. if those planes on 9/11 had only been under Air Traffic CONTROL none of that tragic stuff would have happened.

oh - wait...

Long before we were concerned about roving TFRs, I've always thought presidential / dignitary motorcades and the attendant security procedures were idiotic. And having lived most of my life in NYC, I've been stuck in my fair share of traffic because of them.

I've always felt that an unmarked Chevy with bulletproof glass nestled among ordinary-looking vehicles (including, perhaps, a laundry truck full of secret service agents) would be much more secure. The system in place now, what with published TFRs and stopping traffic as the motorcade passes through, makes POTUS less secure, in my opinion. And as much as I happen to dislike this particular president's policies, he's still the elected leader of our country, and I'd still stop a bullet for him.

But hey, what do I know...

-Rich

And as much as I happen to dislike this particular president's policies, he's still the elected leader of our country, and I'd still stop a bullet for him.

Really? I wouldn't. For any of them. They're infinitely replaceable.

No shortage of lesser sociopaths waiting in line and even scheming the top guy or gal's political downfall every chance they get, either.

Nope. I see someone taking aim, I'm ducking. Some have a sworn duty not to. They can end up in the hospital.

The sun would rise the next day and there'd be a new sociopath claiming they were in charge of a Free people. Making claims about things the Executive Branch is nether tasked nor expected to work on, and ignoring or destroying the things the Executive Branch is supposed to be doing.

Nope. Not a chance in hell I'd take a bullet for a politician.

Being a Representative or the President for that matter in our country should be like being on jury duty, a necessary evil. Instead we have career politicians who have created a ruling class. Sickening.

Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence. -Thomas Jefferson

I'd be up for a Draft process. It'd sure be entertaining.

Anyone drafted gets the same lifetime benefits package currently offered after a single term.

My brother has suggested randomly parachuting a monkey somewhere in the US and then whoever the monkey touches first gets to be President. Frankly I think it has merit.

Really? I wouldn't. For any of them. They're infinitely replaceable.

No shortage of lesser sociopaths waiting in line and even scheming the top guy or gal's political downfall every chance they get, either.

Nope. I see someone taking aim, I'm ducking. Some have a sworn duty not to. They can end up in the hospital.

The sun would rise the next day and there'd be a new sociopath claiming they were in charge of a Free people. Making claims about things the Executive Branch is nether tasked nor expected to work on, and ignoring or destroying the things the Executive Branch is supposed to be doing.

Nope. Not a chance in hell I'd take a bullet for a politician.

I don't disagree, actually. But old values die hard.

There was a time when no matter what manner of dirtbag occupied the position, the office of the President was still revered. I still have a lot of that in me, despite it being a bit irrational.

-Rich

My brother has suggested randomly parachuting a monkey somewhere in the US and then whoever the monkey touches first gets to be President. Frankly I think it has merit.

Your brother is quite a thinker. This may be the best way.

Went right over Scranton on the way back from BTV today. A day later and I've have a pretty big detour. But at least he wasn't at Camp David, meaning that I was able to come in to HEF via HYPER.

He is on a "Get a bachelor's degree under $10k tour."

Yes, we need so many college educated individuals to fill all of those minimum wage jobs he created.

He is on a "Get a bachelor's degree under $10k tour."

Yes, we need so many college educated individuals to fill all of those part time minimum wage jobs he created.

FTFY.

Well, when minimum wage goes up, you'll need a college degree to land one.

I don't disagree, actually. But old values die hard.

There was a time when no matter what manner of dirtbag occupied the position, the office of the President was still revered. I still have a lot of that in me, despite it being a bit irrational.

-Rich

Like respect, it cuts both ways. When the office holder shytes on the people they were elected to serve, s/he forfeits any expectation of reverence. We are not, and never have been a monarchy, or had anyone in this country with royal blood.

Why waste the time with the parachute, and the airplane to fly the monkey. Just let the monkey be president, he certainly cannot be any worse than the last few schmoes that have occupied the White House.

Back