TFR over the entire state of Vermont!

kaosman40

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
kaosman
when Irene was done. Never saw anything like it! and to boot there was an "ordinance disposal" TFR in the northern corner of the state too. what is that all about?

when Irene was done. Never saw anything like it! and to boot there was an "ordinance disposal" TFR in the northern corner of the state too. what is that all about?

Maybe the Green Mountain Boys (F-16s) out of Burlington had to dump some damaged munitions?

Are you telling me GA is completely grounded there now? Or can GA get in and out avoiding certain areas and altitudes?

Best,

Dave

He's talking about this:

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_1_6357.html

sect_1_6357.gif

My God. Who WRITES that crap? I've read it three times, and all I've got is a headache...

I love it when they use VOR radials as boundaries. Welcome to 1954.

That's better than two random lat/long numbers and a line between them. At least a VOR is a fixed reference location that doesn't require a bunch of plotting to figure out.

FDC 1/6257 describes an airspace coordination area (ACA) for the state of VT. The NOTAM mentions how individual TFRs may be established around major metropolitan or critical areas.

Last edited:
That's better than two random lat/long numbers and a line between them. At least a VOR is a fixed reference location that doesn't require a bunch of plotting to figure out.

I would prefer that they would use a river. Or how about a major interstate highway? When I'm flying through unfamiliar airspace, I have NO idea where the "MoFo VOR" might be...

When you're talking about a TFR this huge, a geographic feature would be more logical, IMHO.

I would prefer that they would use a river. Or how about a major interstate highway? When I'm flying through unfamiliar airspace, I have NO idea where the "MoFo VOR" might be...

When you're talking about a TFR this huge, a geographic feature would be more logical, IMHO.

Agreed. In NYC, for Presidential TFRs (much as we despise them), boundaries are usually simple: the lateral limits of the Class B airspace, SFC-18000 (for the outer ring). Round-shaped TFRs around airports or VORTACs are simple, but when they start using VOR radial/distance points to define the boundaries, it's really a pain in the ass.

It's an ACA, airspace coordination area, not a TFR! It's only in effect below 6500MSL and warns you to be alert to rescue aircraft.

GA is not grounded! There could be pop up TFRs over larger cities, CHECK NOTAMS often!

It's an ACA, airspace coordination area, not a TFR! It's only in effect below 6500MSL and warns you to be alert to rescue aircraft.

GA is not grounded! There could be pop up TFRs over larger cities, CHECK NOTAMS often!

OK, it's not a TFR, it's an ACA. But it comes in the format of a TFR and is distributed via the normal TFR means.

My God. Who WRITES that crap? I've read it three times, and all I've got is a headache...

That's better than using an isogonic line as one like they did here in DC.

The names of rivers and interstate highways are not noted on aviation charts and you are not required to carry road maps.

How stupid can the FAA get? don't they know their own rules, who ever came up with this brain child best read 91.100 thru 91.147.

here we have an area of flooding, with helos operating at low altitudes why doesn't see and avoid apply.. ?

stupid FAA government bureaucrat gotta have some thing to do to justify their job.

Back