TFR Notices?

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
Where can I go to find upcoming TFRs in my area? I’ve tried the FAA TFR map but I don’t see anywhere for upcoming notices.

The POTUS is coming here on Sunday, so I’m just wanting to see if there will be anything beforehand and the date and times of the published TFR while he’ll be here.

I use FlyQ and they graphically display TFRs a few days in advance along with details. I assume other EFBs do similarly.

Last edited:
SkyVector works for me.

Most NOTAMs, including TFRs, can not be issued until 72 hours prior to the effective time.

I used to get those via email, but I don't know if it was discontinued or I unsubscribed.

I used to get those via email, but I don't know if it was discontinued or I unsubscribed.
That’s what I’m wondering. I haven’t gotten any emails on TFR Notices in awhile.

Don't you have Foreflight Ryan? I thought maybe you did.
Anyway, they are shown on the map in yellow and when active; red.

I have actually found that SkyVector does a pretty good job of showing upcoming TFRs at least a day or so in advance.
Plus they show most of the active "stadium" TFRs - which the FAA / Locmart sources won't.

I don’t, I’m one of the only lone wolves who doesn’t currently have an EFB subscription.
A plane can be flown without an iPad?

tenor.gif

I use fore flight. Haven’t been getting any e mails from AOPA ,for some time.

I get emails from AOPA and FAASafety.

go into your profile on aopa and opt in to the TFR notices boom shacka lacka.

I get TFR emails and this past week or so it’s been quite a constant barrage. Holy frequent flyer points!!!

I get emails, it you can find them on 1800wxbrief too.

Received email about one in PNS yesterday, another today of one in MCN from AOPA.

TFR’s out for CHA Sunday night. You’re grounded Ryan!

For some reason I always get jinxed with flights during the VIP TFRs. This time it went pretty smooth though.

613CD1BC-60D0-4828-84D4-2280D7E0AB98.jpeg

For some reason I always get jinxed with flights during the VIP TFRs. This time it went pretty smooth though.

View attachment 68780
Any special procedure you have to use while it’s active or is being ‘priority’ as EMS enough?

Got to see AF2 on final for 20 this evening. Pretty cool sight to see.

Cool shot btw.

Any special procedure you have to use while it’s active or is being ‘priority’ as EMS enough?

Got to see AF2 on final for 20 this evening. Pretty cool sight to see.

Cool shot btw.

Like on the NOTAM, gotta call the number ahead of time for approval. I called twice just to give a last minute “10 minute outer ring penetration” Guy didn’t sound like ATC, at least CHA ATC, so not sure who I was talking to. Some of the pilots in the AM brief were a bit confused about if the filed flight plan requirement applied to us or not. CHA didn’t care about it but I had one on file anyway.

Another bit of confusion was in call sign and descrete. Since we were so far out, they told me on the phone to just call center. After we departed I thought well, we can’t use program call signs and squawks with them, so now I’ll be showing up on the handoff with CHA with ”MEDEVAC.” Since they were expecting LF4 and program descrete, I made CHA aware that we’re LF4 also. She said to just stay on my center squawk.

Off Erlanger we used program descrete and LF4. WX was just starting to go to **** at that time. LF6 was on final and state trooper was overhead circling. POTUS was heading back at this time and we could see the convoy out the left. LF6 got stuck because they don’t let anyone leave the core until POTUS is clear. While they waited, vis went to 2 miles and then had to file IFR.

Overall went quite smooth. Can’t say the same a few years back when I penetrated the Obama ATL TFR. Went by the notam procedure and they still wanted to keep us out.

Back