TFR in EDEN

n2230b

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
fast eddie
OK, here’s a question for those of you who own crystal balls: (and before anyone beats me to it, I know,,,,,,,”Oh sob sob Dude, another s#?itty day in paradise?”).

But I digress. The Trump/Mar a Lago TFR continues to be a SOFLA staple, the guy is a frequent flyer. If you look at the 30 mi radius circumference you will see a little cut-out for KFXE at the SSW perimeter. I used to park there. Now I moved to KPMP which lies about 3 miles to the North, within the TFR, and therefore requires a Flight Plan for egress and penetration (whereas KFXE does not). It is not a big deal to file a flt plan but it is one more item added to preflight. A lot of my flying is local or turn around trips all over FL.

Soooo....my question is: Will the secret service provide a TFR ad infinitum after he is no longer el presidente? I can take it for another 4 yrs but I wouldn’t want to put up with it for life. I think I have seen TFR’s at other ex-presidents residences. Anyone care to opine?

Thanks,

Once anyone is an ex-POTUS, there is a permanent TFR, but very small. For example, the Bush's have a small TFR on the north side of Dallas, when they moved from the ranch. Of course when they do go back to the ranch, the TFR moves with them. In ForeFlight, it's named XPOTUS. But it's not a 30 m TFR. On the other hand, I can't find one for Jimmy Carter nor the Clintons. It may be by request? On the other hand, there's still a TFR over Trump Tower in NYC. Dunno why.

Thanks Murph, sure hope it turns out to be a smaller expotus tfr. Think I will ask the AOPA bubbas. More to follow.

Yeah, once he's out, the most he'll get is a small TFR over one house, like Bush gets. Something kinda like they have over Trump Tower now.

Back