TFR Depiction Websites?

mswmsw

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
mswmsw
What do you guys recommend/use for a TFR depiction website? I think there are at least two or three of them, but it has been awhile since I have used one. As I recall, there was one that had not only the narrative description, but also allowed you to print out a copy of the TFR location (as a red circle) right on a depiction of a sectional chart. I think you can get this on the FAA website, but I also seem to recall there was another website that was easier to use. Thanks for any input!

skyvector.com. Click "layers" in the upper right, check the "temp flight restrictions" box, and then click the X to close the layers box.

I don't see any TFR depiction of any kind at the Garmin.com or Foreflight.com websites. My search was not exhaustive though.

What do you guys recommend/use for a TFR depiction website? I think there are at least two or three of them, but it has been awhile since I have used one. As I recall, there was one that had not only the narrative description, but also allowed you to print out a copy of the TFR location (as a red circle) right on a depiction of a sectional chart. I think you can get this on the FAA website, but I also seem to recall there was another website that was easier to use. Thanks for any input!

I use Foreflight if I have the tablet handy, or http://maps.avnwx.com if I'm at a computer. I'll generally give the FAA site a quick check too at some point in the planning process.

Weathermiester

LockMart's new pilot information website, https://www.lmfsweb.afss.com/Website/ (their version of DUAT and DUATS) will have TFR's available in the area and route briefings under the "Adverse Conditions" tab.

As we are all learning, there is more than one vector to get the desired info.

It's free.

It hooks you directly to FSS. And site will remember many of the details of both aircraft and pilot.

Allows you to get your legal weather brief. And they are improving the format to make it more 21st century friendly. Allows you to open/close flight plans online.

New feature will send you text messages when something significant changes (such as a TFR or SIGMET you didn't see before).

Don't poo-poo just because you didn't peak behind the curtain, Doc.

I don't see any TFR depiction of any kind at the Garmin.com or Foreflight.com websites. My search was not exhaustive though.
Need I remind folks that it's not on their web sites, but rather depicted on the commercial applications they sell? :rolleyes:

+1. Take notice of the disclaimer at the bottom stating it can't be relied upon. :yikes:
The same is true of all those applications and web sites discussed. The only absolutely certain guaranteed method is to go to the actual source FDC NOTAMs, read every single one, and then plot them yourself. However, in all the years the FAA has had that web site up, I've found only one plotting error on it.

Need I remind folks that it's not on their web sites, but rather depicted on the commercial applications they sell? :rolleyes:

I didn't say they were, in fact, I said they were not. Also, it's not what the OP asked for from the start.

I'm fairly certain that skyvector, as well as the NOTAM graphic page (the .gov one) don't depict all of them. Just saying

Skevector gets it's take from the faa.gov site. I do not know how often it updates. Of course, one could always complain about the cost for access to that site as well. The fact is, there is NO web planning guide that is defensible, and should one bust a TFR, you better have a log of your call to LMFS seconds before takeoff to prove you are not guilty(cause, this is admin law as Ron points out, where you have to prove innocence).

/hyperbole

Back