Texas To Montana anyone?

ntbjounin

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jounin
anyone planning a trip to the Polson, MT area in early Aug?

I need to make a wedding Aug 8th (so be there 7th). I'd be happy to buy ALL the gas if I can right seat it. Naturally, I'm happy to fly too...(just think of me as the autopilot if u want it (unless u already have an AP hahaha)

anyway, I'm sure this is a long shot, but I've been looking into it, and The only other way there is a 600$ ticket on delta or nwa. I don't mind spending that kind of money if I'm logging it, but not for airlines....

I'll also need a ride home on the 10th or 11th, but that's a lesser priority...

and now for the REALLY long shot hahaha... anyone wanna rent me their plane? i figure if you didnt want to head all the way out there, I'd gladly pay for use of your plane! Ask anyone who's flown w/ me, I'm nothing if i'm not overconservatively safe!

but on a more realistic note: anyone got any ideas on how else i could get there? :rofl: I've looked at greyhound, but that's 1 day 21hrs on a bus with wierdos... and amtrak doesnt go there.

looks like about 1300miles... (i'm in the DFW area)

Last edited:
anyone planning a trip to the Polson, MT area in early Aug?

I'm probably getting closest, but I'm leaving from WI and I won't be going any closer than 220nm to 8S1, so I can't be of much help in terms of flying you. Oh, and I just noticed your dates - I'd be getting there a week late too.

In terms of getting there, your best bet in terms of tolerable travel arrangements (ie no Greyhound) is probably to fly commercially to MSO and rent a car.

Otherwise, find yourself the cheapest possible rental 172 (could be even cheaper than advertised if you can negotiate a dry rate and buy cheap fuel along the way). It'll be on the order of $3000, but the experience would be priceless.

It's either that or the aforementioned airlines... You can find a list of who goes there here: http://www.flymissoula.com/index.aspx/flights/Air_Carriers

Back