Texas Pilots Check In, Please!

How about a Texas PofA Fly-in?

• Yes! I am a Texas based pilot, and would love to attend!

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Yes! I am a non-Texas based pilot, but would still attend!

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • No! I can not attend a Texas PofA fly-in.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
I'll be happy to help with the flying if you want. Haven't flown a 140 in a long time, however. What's left on your "to-do" list?

I have my medical, my written and all requirements flying except for 1.6 more hours under the hood and tune up/sign off for the checkride. I also probably need a little more heavy crosswind work and have yet to do wheel landings which I don't think are required for the checkride.

As far as what I need work on; short field, soft field, slips and steep turns. Once I get a chance to do some serious flying, an instructor might find more that I need work on.

Where are you based when you're not in Durant? KDUA is within my solo range. In fact, I might be going there tomorrow morning to the avionics shop.

Doc

Last edited:
Check your PM folder.
I have my medical, my written and all requirements flying except for 1.6 more hours under the hood and tune up/sign off for the checkride. I also probably need a little more heavy crosswind work and have yet to do wheel landings which I don't think are required for the checkride.

As far as what I need work on; short field, soft field, slips and steep turns. Once I get a chance to do some serious flying, an instructor might find more that I need work on.

Doc

Back