Texas Members please read

Mercy.

Wish it was closer.

This has now a huge following here in Texas...he will not be buried alone...a call to Arms has been put out by multiple organizations and service organizations...thanks for posting...

And as usual, the family ******* even though the funeral home was trying to do the right thing.

Some people. I just don't get our brave new world.

And as usual, the family ******* even though the funeral home was trying to do the right thing.

Some people. I just don't get our brave new world.
I think they have a right to complain. First, the funeral home made a big deal about his family not responding and not showing up. This makes them sound horrible, when in fact, they buried him in December!

It was very cool of people to show up and some local pilots did a fly-by. Not sure if it's in any of the videos above. Click Here

I think they have a right to complain. First, the funeral home made a big deal about his family not responding and not showing up. This makes them sound horrible, when in fact, they buried him in December!

I don't see a "big deal". First of all, the decedent hadn't been buried in December. Reading the news stories carefully, contrary to the family member's claim it appears there was no service before the funeral home's plea to the public.

"Erickson told KVUE that Mr. Walker had a regular service set for the beginning of December, but for some reason, it was pushed back to the end of January."

The funeral home tried to contact the brother, which according to the funeral home was the only phone number they had for the family.

"The funeral director at All Faiths Funeral said they tried several times to contact Walker’s brother, but didn't hear back from him."

When they didn't get a response, and it being necessary to bury the body, they made the public aware the decedent didn't have any other surviving family members, which was, because they had no other means to contact the family, accurate. I see something in the news article which in my opinion explains the problem. I'm guessing the family member purposely didn't return the subsequent call from the funeral home because she assumed they wanted money prior to the burial.

I think by claiming wrongdoing by the funeral home the "emotional", "angry", and "upset" family member is angling for a free funeral and burial.

“I'm very emotional about it,” said Williams. “It's just very heartbreaking. I'm very upset, I'm very angry that our uncle was laid to rest again and none of his immediate family was there."

Williams said they would have been there if they'd known and the last thing they heard from the funeral home was about payments to be made.

“There was no communication,” said Williams. “All I got from them was one phone call about a payment. I don't understand why they wouldn't try to reach us. They have all of our phone numbers."

How do you "think" someone was buried? Every funeral I've attended has included a graveside service as well...is that not a common thing?

Back