Texas fires

RyanShort1

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
RyanShort1
Any of our members here in the path? Any concerns for airports and hangars?

Was going to fly out and look but 20G30 sounds gross

I was born in Pampa and grew up there and Stinnett. I still have a lot of family in the Panhandle. I may be heading that way to move cattle soon.

Pampa was evacuated, but that's been canceled now.
In Stinnett, they shut off all gas, but so far they were holding the fire out. They've lost a few houses.
My sister lives in Canadian and they were told to evacuate, but it was too late. All roads were blocked by fire. So far they're okay, but we expect some cattle loss.

As of this morning, winds have died down and humidity has increased. This is giving them hope they can increase containment.

I grew up at Boys Ranch. Wildfires out there are very dangerous. Lots of grass, mostly flat, and more wind than you'd think makes for a great fire. 20G30 is called Tuesday around there. Hopefully they get it under control before it gets into Kansas.

Out of control wildfires are called Wednesday around here.

I grew up at Boys Ranch. Wildfires out there are very dangerous. Lots of grass, mostly flat, and more wind than you'd think makes for a great fire. 20G30 is called Tuesday around there. Hopefully they get it under control before it gets into Kansas.
I know the place - we’ve done photography work up there for them.

I'm 300mi S of the fires, the cold front brought the smoke that far and we can barely see across the pasture, and can't breathe.

any time something happens in Texas I ask 6er if he’s impacted because u know, he’s in Texas.

Texas has the green part and the brown part. I live in the green part

All right, I'm headed to the hanger I'll post pictures in a bit

It's so horrible. It goes on and on and on and on and on.

20240228_150732.jpg20240228_150912.jpg

Looks like Canada last summer. Terrible. Hope it's just property damage and no lives. Stuff can be replaced!

I was born in Pampa and grew up there and Stinnett. I still have a lot of family in the Panhandle. I may be heading that way to move cattle soon.

Pampa was evacuated, but that's been canceled now.
In Stinnett, they shut off all gas, but so far they were holding the fire out. They've lost a few houses.
My sister lives in Canadian and they were told to evacuate, but it was too late. All roads were blocked by fire. So far they're okay, but we expect some cattle loss.

As of this morning, winds have died down and humidity has increased. This is giving them hope they can increase containment.
Small world. I was born in Pampa as well.

This guy is shaking in his boots with flashbacks . . .
ac942143999dd34c746990121fb1760b.jpg

Looks like Canada last summer. Terrible. Hope it's just property damage and no lives. Stuff can be replaced!

Except the New Yorkers are not complaining, "When are those Canadians going to do something about those annoying fires?" lol.

Small world. I was born in Pampa as well.
I was born there in a hospital which is now a bank. My Great Uncle, Clarence Swindle, managed the airport there when I was growing up and had a big influence on my love of aviation. I still have some family there, and my Mom and Dad both in the Fairview Cemetery.

The quality is fine, it’s the subject matter I can’t “like”
Oh I know. I had just mounted a GoPro Max under the wing and got down low and could see 2-3 story flames for miles.
but that footage cot corrupted. I was hoping to get some stills from that camera but no dice.

I was born there in a hospital which is now a bank. My Great Uncle, Clarence Swindle, managed the airport there when I was growing up and had a big influence on my love of aviation. I still have some family there, and my Mom and Dad both in the Fairview Cemetery.
I was born in the same hospital/bank and both my grandparents are in Fairview.

Back