Texas Aviation Celebration

ausrere

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Lisa
Not sure if this has been posted before. I just stumbled upon it:

Tango Alpha Charlie: Texas Aviation Celebration
September 12, 2010 – January 9, 2011. Bob Bullock Museum, Austin, TX.

There are over 120 objects in the exhibit spanning everything from Benjamin Foulois's logbook detailing his first military flights in 1910, flight suits worn by Howard Hughes and Katharine Hepburn in the 1930s, astronaut Ed White's helmet from Gemini 4, and Jeana Yeager's ponytail from when she cut her hair to reduce weight on the non-stop round-the-world flight of Voyager in 1986, to uniforms from various Texas based commercial airlines, and a non-ablative rocket engine that will change the future of space travel.

With multimedia interactivity, artifacts, original research, and hands-on experiences for all ages, this exhibition will serve as the next great chapter in the already rich story of Texas aviation. The exhibition is organized by guest curator Barbara Ganson Ph.D., a professor of aviation history.

Question is this: Do they properly credit Jacob Brodbeck for the first powered flight, preceding the Wright Brothers by 38 years?

Question is this: Do they properly credit Jacob Brodbeck for the first powered flight, preceding the Wright Brothers by 38 years?

:dunno: Dunno... but for less than $10 you can find out! :D

Admission to the Museum’s exhibits, including Tango Alpha Charlie: Texas Aviation Celebration (September 12, 2010 – January 9, 2011) : $7 for adults, $6 for seniors/military/college students (with valid ID), $4 for youth ages 5-18, free for ages 4 and under. The Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum is located at 1800 N. Congress Avenue at the corner of Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. For more information, call (512) 936-4649

Cool! next layover there, I'm going.
Hey, someone tell thestoryofTexas they might have a problem with their site - see screenshot. I have never, ever seen that warning before. Anyone else get it?

Attachments

• Trojan horse.JPG
    Trojan horse.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 6
I am just waiting for some Fredericksburger to inherit, then explore great-granddaddy's barn....and find physical evidence, documentation of Jacob's flights (way before the Wrights') and blow that story outta the sky!

I am just waiting for some Fredericksburger to inherit, then explore great-granddaddy's barn....and find physical evidence, documentation of Jacob's flights (way before the Wrights') and blow that story outta the sky!
Much as I'm a Texan, even if that were to be proven true, it did not lead to further follow-up successes like the Wright's aircraft did.

Ryan

Back