"Texas Aircraft Expo", Austin, TX, 6/8-6/9

zaitcev

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Pete Zaitcev
I don't know if this is an event of a massive interest to PoA membership, considering the prices of Pilatuses and Hawkers, but there's going to be an "expo" for manufacturers of GA aircraft in Austin, Texas (KEDC), on Friday June 8 and Saturday June 9. Seems like it's not even the first year this is going on.

ae.jpg

I go every year. They put most airplanes under the big canopy so they are in nice shade. It will be hot this year.
Last year was the first year with food, IIRC. Some good tacos.
FWIW, you do not need to register, that's for sheeple who willingly give away all their personal information, including SSN and CC#.
You can simply walk onto the tarmac and enjoy the airplanes. There are plenty.
Btw, this event is dog friendly so bring your 4-legged creature. There are waterbowls around.

I go every year.
What was the situation with the parking in the previous years? I don't have a parking brake in the Carlson. I would prefer tie-downs or grass to secure it.
Also, are you going to come on Friday or Saturday?

I don't know if this is an event of a massive interest to PoA membership, considering the prices of Pilatuses and Hawkers, but there's going to be an "expo" for manufacturers of GA aircraft in Austin, Texas (KEDC), on Friday June 8 and Saturday June 9. Seems like it's not even the first year this is going on.

View attachment 63629

Looks like a great time! Jealous I can't go :(.

Bring chocks if no brake, I don't think they can guarantee a tie-down. Though if you come early, you might get lucky.
I'd call the FBO and ask, they sure will have better information.

I can't attend of Friday (due to having a job that pays for my flying), late Saturday morning is my plan. :)

expo1.jpg
Waco. Supposedly newly built. Might the bargain of the expo - only $500k.

expo2.jpg
The Mooney Ultra is pretty slick. Love the sensible fuel selector at last. Still has the gear indicator.

expo3.jpg
A bunch of visitors came - more than to Corsicana for CAF AirSho. This is a Meyers that belongs to the guy who runs flyingeyesoptics.com. Looks kind of like a Navion, but is not. It's way smaller - about Bonanza sized.

expo4.jpg
Someone pulled up in an Eclipse, cute as a button.

expo5.jpg
Most of the content was turpoprops: Quest Kodiak, Cessna Caravan, Piper M600, Pilatus PC-12 - that sort of thing. I wasn't particularly interested, although they are pretty awesome in the purely aviatory way. But no King Air! Beechcraft presented... a Baron. The TBM 900 was pretty popular.

Lou, did you get a picture or video of my departure?

And yes, those ARE cupholders in the new Mooney. :)
I'm undecided on Mooney cupholders. A tall enough bottle seems somewhat controlled, and is not likely to fly out. But in general I am concerned for a possible control interference, so I insist on keeping everything in zipped or locked compartments onboard. Flight Design had a good idea with lockable floor boxes, a water bottle goes well in those.

Those cupholders are for your HRE open container. ;)
You put it in during the flight and you WILL make a perfectly smooth greaser landing. Otherwise ... you know ... you'll be selling your Mooney the next day. :D

Back