Teterboro (KTEB) IFR arrival routing?

Low Level Flyer

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Low Level Flyer
Flying into Teterboro this upcoming week—IFR in a Piper Arrow. Approaching from the south. Most likely V213 (possibly V123). There are no piston STARs from that direction. Given I don’t know what direction the 3 bravos are landing, anyone know of a most likely routing I’ll get in the terminal area? I’ve looked on FltPlan.com and most recent routes it shows aren’t pistons. The few piston routes seem to be kept west of the big 3.

I’ve flown into Teterboro and was super easy, surprisingly. I was worried about too many things that were no factor. I was coming from the SW, routed just north of KEWR, basically on a left base for runway 01. Now departing was a pain as it is a busy airport and I probably waited 30 minutes on the taxiway. I think we were impressed looking at all of the landing jets, otherwise you might want to be assertive on departure.

I was VFR so my comment probably doesn’t help you.

Really just hoping to get a nice view of the Manhattan skyline on the way in. Prob fly the Hudson River corridor on the way out.

Really just hoping to get a nice view of the Manhattan skyline on the way in. Prob fly the Hudson River corridor on the way out.

I arrived at night and saw the city lights at night. Amazing. When you depart, I would do it before sunset so you can get the day + sunset views. It is amazing - there’s a couple memorable moments flying, solo and the NYC Hudson tour, they are equally impressive in my book. I made a thread on this with photos if you want to check my previous threads.

On departure I said I want to see the city and go down the Hudson, read up on the special airspace rules and reporting points. I manually inputted the mandatory reporting points into foreflight as waypoints. I thought I’d have to start at Alpine Tower but ATC directed me immediately East towards GWB, handed over to approach and cleared into the Bravo then south towards the VZ bridge, they were super helpful and providing helicopter traffic updates, my mind was so busy I didn’t see one helicopter but when looking at the videos (taken by a passenger), I saw a couple helicopters in one frame. You definitely need your passengers to help with photos and videos and you just fly the airplane. I would definitely say you must fly to the VZ bridge then back up again for another view. Approach gave me two different altitudes, I think it was 1500’ and 2000’ (I wrote it in the other thread). You won’t be able to see the Statue of Liberty so if that is important to you then I would plan a third pass back south at a much lower altitude (maybe 500’ - check the special flight rules PDF, it is available in foreflight and might talk about the recommended altitude). I was happy enough with the trip and wanted to get going home, maybe next time I’ll do the low pass on the Hudson to get a different viewpoint and circle the Statue of Liberty.

Is your heart set on TEB? CDW is much more GA friendly.

And I would go VFR if at all possible.

@Low Level Flyer how did Teterboro turn out for you?

Ended up going on Delta. Weather looked bad for the return trip and we didn’t have the luxury of pushing the return trip a day early or late to allow for bad weather. Turned out to be a good call. Very poor weather (thunderstorms) for a decent portion of the route home.

Back