Retired Evil Overlord
Haven't gotten a notification either.

Can I get a RE-PLY, so I can RE-TEST?

*glare email system*

Greebo said:
Haven't gotten a notification either.

Can I get a RE-PLY, so I can RE-TEST?

*glare email system*
I suspect the same thing that is causing this to stop is causing the authentication system to not work. Is whatever mail engine we're using up and running?

Well the logs show that emails are going out, but that's just vBulletin saying it tried to send them...

Lemme do a quick email test here in another way.

/me reports your post as bad. ;)

Greebo said:
Well the logs show that emails are going out, but that's just vBulletin saying it tried to send them...

Lemme do a quick email test here in another way.

/me reports your post as bad. ;)
Negative on e-mail receipt for bad post.

Restart the SMTP engine?

Ok I'm seeing a boatload of error messages in the root mail account.

I'm not seeing why they're not getting sent though. :(

looks lke the last email to go out was around feb 10. :/ Nothings changed here. Will call the host provider if restarting sendmail doesn't fix.

I'm one of those that didn't get an authentication email. Thanks to Bryan for activating me anyway! I would check that your email server (whichever one you use as the engine to send out these type of emails) has not blacklisted this domain. Seems to be a common problem.

If that is ridiculously incorrect terminology and advice, just remember it was free :dunno:

Ok mail is definitely not going out but I can't look at it more closely right now.

Will make this a priority tomorrow, I hope.

No big deal. I was just a little puzzled. It took me a while to notice since I haven't posted much recently until today. At least it's not something strange I did to my computer, which happens sometimes. :rolleyes:

Holy cow, it's working again. Just got 20 messages! :eek:

Brian Austin said:
They seemed to have been queued up and waiting. Whoops. Sorry. :rolleyes:
Thanks for getting it going again! I may have to rethink the "instant" part if I post in as many places as I did today! :eek:

I'll have to set the server to reboot automatically every 30 days or so, to avoid this happening again.

Apparently about 75 days is all it can handle. :)

Back