Friday morning:

"Hey Ed, it's Tim."
"What's up?"
"Bad News."
"Uh Oh, what's that?"
"You heard about that bomb blast in Cairo?"
"No, what about it?"

http://www.wzzm.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=38497

I just came back from the father / stepmother's house this evening. I'm still at a loss for words. The father is a friend and my martial arts instuctor.

Unfortunately the details of the attack are much more grisly than any of the news media is reporting.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Ed.

oh Ed, I'm so sorry. :( How absolutely awful. They are over there helping these people and look what they get for it.

That sucks Ed. And when you consider that the kids were just there to offer help, it really sucks. My condolences to you and your friend's family.

Ed, I'm really sorry to hear that news.

I had the opportunity to visit Cairo several years ago. It was uncomfortable to visit back then (keep all wits about you). I don't think you could pay me to go in today's environment.

geez...this stuff happens all too often. I cant for the life of me figure out why parents allow their children to go to places where life is cheap and they kill americans just to make political statements, and then we're all shocked and appalled and the next thing ya know there's an outcry for military action...."The government should do something". Parents need to exercise some common sense and keep their kids out of countries they dont understand or are unsafe. They were on a motorcycle trip through africa. Are you kidding?...kids barely out of highschool....geez. Don't get me wrong, I'm very sympathetic. I know what its like to lose peope that way, but the parents should know better. Kids will do anything, they think they're immortal.

Last edited:
Back