Terra TMA 340 D

Daniel01

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Daniel
Hello I had a question regarding the operation of the Terra TMA 340 D. I’ve never used this system before and I’m having trouble finding information online regarding its operation. My question is in regards to the com 1, com 2, and auto switches, when com 1 and com 2 are in the up position does that mean we will be able to transmit and receive through both of them and what is the purpose for the AUTO switch. Thank you.
D4F75E16-27A1-44BC-8013-31B7C4A07752.jpeg

Switches all the way up are audio routed through the speaker, all the way down through the headphones, in the middle that audio is off. You transmit from whichever is selected on the knob at the right side of the unit. Not sure about the auto.

Hey Tom, thanks for the reply greatly appreciate it. So in order to hear coms one and two through the pilots and co pilots headphones those switches would have to be in the down position?
Thanks.

"Usual" operation for headsets would have the eight switches in the middle position, and the Auto switch in the down, or PHONE position. Then the right-hand knob is used to go back and forth between C1 and C2, automatically directing output to phones. Then if you wish to hear a morse-ID from a VOR tuned on NAV 1, you manually turn that switch down to the PHONE position to listen. If you did not have headsets, and wanted to use speaker, simply position the AUTO switch to up/SPEAKER.

Thank you Jim, I really appreciate your reply

Back