Tent space at OSH

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Anybody camping at OSH at the end of the week, and have room for a squatter? I was going to stay down towards Milwaukee and drive in each day, but am thinking how much fun it would be to be onsite with other POA'ers. Would bring my own gear (sleeping bag, etc.) and food/beer money (and some to share!).

Troy,

You're welcome to fight Tony Condon for my other wing. :yes: Or maybe you can sleep under the horizontal stabilizer instead. :rofl:

EDIT: You still want a ride in, right?

I'm planning on being in Scholler with a camper. Should be room specially since Ted is planning on sleeping in his truck.

Missa

Troy,

You're welcome to fight Tony Condon for my other wing. :yes: Or maybe you can sleep under the horizontal stabilizer instead. :rofl:

EDIT: You still want a ride in, right?

Kent,

Sleeping in the wing sounds cool, but you're flying a 182, not a B52, and I fairly certain I could not squeeze through the fuel filler neck.

Flying in with you still sounds great--but presents a new challenge. How do I get BACK to Milwaukee? Is there bus transportation available?

I'm planning on being in Scholler with a camper. Should be room specially since Ted is planning on sleeping in his truck.

Missa

Missa,

That sounds great!! Much better than sleeping in Kent's wing, or fighting Tony for space in or under it!

Thank you!! I'll PM you for details and to see what I can bring/do in return.

Kent,

Sleeping in the wing sounds cool, but you're flying a 182, not a B52, and I fairly certain I could not squeeze through the fuel filler neck.

:rofl:

Flying in with you still sounds great--but presents a new challenge. How do I get BACK to Milwaukee? Is there bus transportation available?

Hmmm. When's your flight out?

Sunday 6'ish... need to be back to MKE around 4pm.
Actually, you need to be back around 3pm. You'll need to get from Signature to the terminals. I don't know when we'll be leaving, or I'd offer a ride. Be sure that whomever flies you to KMKE remembers to claim it for GoFlyAmerica!:yes:

Actually, you need to be back around 3pm. You'll need to get from Signature to the terminals. I don't know when we'll be leaving, or I'd offer a ride. Be sure that whomever flies you to KMKE remembers to claim it for GoFlyAmerica!:yes:

Grant, I wasn't suggesting anybody fly me into KMKE!! But if somebody wants to try, that might be an interesting possibility. Might be really busy with Sunday departures. Would hate to miss my flight due to weather or departure delays. I'd catch a bus to Milwaukee Saturday night or Sunday AM if that's an option...

If all else fails I can make a detour to MKE on my way home to MSN, and give you a ride in my car.

Pete

Grant, I wasn't suggesting anybody fly me into KMKE!! But if somebody wants to try, that might be an interesting possibility. Might be really busy with Sunday departures. Would hate to miss my flight due to weather or departure delays. I'd catch a bus to Milwaukee Saturday night or Sunday AM if that's an option...
MKE is really no big deal. It's just a Class C airport. OTOH, it's got Signature, so it's $$!

MKE is really no big deal. It's just a Class C airport. OTOH, it's got Signature, so it's $$!

I've flown into MKE twice. First time the ramp fee was $26. Second time it was $46. Customer service was completely lacking. There will not be a third time. :no:

Here's my favorite alternative: http://www.airnav.com/airport/KRAC

Be sure to read the comments. :D

Looks like there is a charter bus that runs all the way to Milwaukee:

http://www.airventure.org/2008/planning/shuttle_mlw_wausau.pdf

The 11:50am departure from OSH would work mighty fine, putting me into Milwaukee at 1:45pm for a 6:30pm flight home. It looks like they go to the Amtrak station and the Greyhound terminal, not the airport, so I will need to determine which one is the closest, and grab a cab or shuttle to complete the journey.

I've flown into MKE twice. First time the ramp fee was $26. Second time it was $46. Customer service was completely lacking. There will not be a third time. :no:

Here's my favorite alternative: http://www.airnav.com/airport/KRAC

Be sure to read the comments. :D
I was wondering how long it would take you to say something about them!:goofy::yes:

I like your old haunt Timmerman, KMWC.

I've only flown into KMKE once or twice myself. Not where I go in Milwaukee if I have a choice, but if you're dropping someone off for the flying buses...

I was wondering how long it would take you to say something about them!:goofy::yes:

I like your old haunt Timmerman, KMWC.

I do too in a sentimental sort of way, but I don't go there unless I'm doing something where it's the closest. If UES is the closest, I go there. If RAC is the closest, I go there. If MKE is the closest, I go to RAC.

MWC, I'm guessing, still has ramp fees. I manage to get them waived every time, but it's because I know a bunch of people there still. (When I worked there, the AVERAGE employee had been there over 15 years!) Yeah, it's only five bucks, and I know the reason it's there (the rent + insurance premiums on the ramp are outrageous) but it still annoys me. And I remember when I worked there HATING to tell pilots that we had a ramp fee. I was always happy to see an airplane fly in, and to say "Thanks for coming, but we need money" sucked. However, I also didn't care for the pilots who could afford to fly (I couldn't at the time) and were cheap enough to ***** about 5 bucks... But now I'm almost one of 'em. (I don't ***** to them, I know it's the owner's call!)

I've only flown into KMKE once or twice myself. Not where I go in Milwaukee if I have a choice, but if you're dropping someone off for the flying buses...

At $46, I'd still fly to RAC and drive the 20 min or so up to the terminal. Yes, I hate $ignature MKE that much (and then some).

Back