temps and flight plans

alaskan9974

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
alaskan9974
checking weather this morning, planning a trip this weekend and figured I'd post the recorded wx at one of the waypoints. Above the inversion it isn't so bad. It is a race to get engine covers on though.

PAHL 241256Z AUTO 04003KT 5SM HZ CLR M48/ A3033 RMK AO2 SLP286 T1467 FZRANO

-48 was our cut off temp for turbines.

Not because it was hard on pilots, but because it was hard on the planes interiors....

5SM HZ CLR always cracked me up.

Are you actually stopping in Huslia..??

-48 was our cut off temp for turbines.

Not because it was hard on pilots, but because it was hard on the planes interiors....

5SM HZ CLR always cracked me up.

Are you actually stopping in Huslia..??
I hope not, but it's nice to flyover a useable runway

My youngest son and his wife live in Kotzabue. The other morning it was -39 and with the wind, the windchill was -55. Asked him if he was going to use his snowgo to get to work (both are teachers) and he figured it was cold enough to wait for his wife to get ready and take the truck. Smart kid

My youngest son and his wife live in Kotzabue. The other morning it was -39 and with the wind, the windchill was -55. Asked him if he was going to use his snowgo to get to work (both are teachers) and he figured it was cold enough to wait for his wife to get ready and take the truck. Smart kid

I spent 5 years in Kotz. Loved almost every minute, but I had to leave when I did or I would never have left.

Yeah, remote start on the truck was nice. The other guys I worked with rode their snow machine. They would bundle up for the ride home. I would get into my nice warm truck....:lol::lol:

Back