Temporary Airman...

1200AGL

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Paul
Or so my certificate says. I passed my checkride this afternoon at KHEF/KHWY. I couldn't be happier (though the soft-field landings weren't my best work). This has been a long time coming.

I've learned a lot from lurking here and will attest that Captain Ron's advice is good. Thanks.

Congrats! Hope to get my PPL before the end of summer myself.

Thanks All. I am thinking that I should pursue a glider rating next, since my stick-and-rudder skills are admittedly rubbish. The nearest club offers flight training gratis. Hard to pass up.

hooray!! You are one of the few now. You can look down on ordinary people. Dave

hooray!! You are one of the few now. You can look down on ordinary people. Dave

Correct!

You may now look down your nose at the commoners, and pity them.

I say that to my non-pilot brother a lot, and it makes him angry, which pleases me.

Congratulations! Don't know who your CFI was but there are several good schools at HEF.

If you're not already a member of the dcpilots mailing list - I recommend it. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dcpilots/

Thanks. I've been lurking on that mailing list, too. Lots of good stuff there.

I found a willing passenger (surprising how many friends are terrified of small airplanes) and I'm planning to make my first $100 $200 hamburger run tomorrow: HEF to JGG (Williamsburg, VA) for lunch at Charly's. I hear that corned beef and cabbage might be on the menu. A few turns around the old Wren building might be in the cards, too.

The weather is looking pretty good. My goal is to not scare my passenger.

Back