Temp restricted airport notice

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
You got the FAA email today, we all did.
I just want to say, if it gets as cold as they talk about in that notice, I am not even going to the airport. If it is m25 on the surface, can you imagine what it is aloft?!
BTW, I note that the number of airports listed that are in Texas = zero. (I chose my roosting place well.) Enjoy your frostbite.

If it is much colder than -25F in the air, the inflight engine fire is a good option for heating the cabin. Increases fuel consumption and may have other side effects, but could be worth it.

If it is m25 on the surface, can you imagine what it is aloft?!

I flew out of Fairbanks one winter. Several times I took off at -38 (does it matter if it is C or F.??) and on the climb out I would watch the temperature rise, sometimes up to 35-40 degrees warmer at altitude.

The company stopped operations at -40. Not because it is hard on people but because it was hard on the little plastic pieces in the airplane, and the small metal parts, mainly door hinges. I don't have any feeling in the finger print on my index finger and the end of my thumb on my left hand.

I've flown at close to -25C surface temp. Talk about climb rate when on half tanks!!

Could use some of that global warming about now

I've flown at close to -25C surface temp. Talk about climb rate when on half tanks!!

Nothing like climbing through the traffic pattern altitude in a loaded to the max C-207 before getting halfway to the end of the runway.!!

Back