Telecom competition is a good thing...

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
Incredible how arrogant the Verizon management & government relations team is. "That feature is included in your package so you're not paying for it". What part of "I'm paying for the package to include that feature, so yes I AM paying for the feature" don't they get. I wouldn't buy the package if it didn't have the feature - no reason to.

The other gem was "well they're migrating your CO to fiber, so you should have gotten a letter, perhaps you ignored it". No, no I didn't. I am SO reminded of the famous Dan Akroyd commend to Jane Curtain on Weekend Update (SNL).

In fact, your own folks told me that the only reason you were forcing FiOS on me was that I was asking for a feature that I was paying for to work.... any request for anything on the account triggers the "system" to automatically force a home visit to install FiOS, even if there is no warning to the customer. "But sir, they must have told you that it was Fiber, not FiOS". No, it was "FiOS". I know the difference.

Good riddance. The number ported to a VoIP provider yesterday. Something Verizon's own phone rep (not the govt relations guy) suggested I do if I were unhappy. Too bad for you - you also lost a potential business customer for FiOS itself.

"We're big, we're the phone company. We don't have to care".... perhaps you forgot that there's competition out there.

ISP's need competition too. Having a monopoly in an area sure screws over the customers.

The cable portion of my Charter bill isn't that bad. The TV part however...

About twenty years ago I came home to find a flyer on my door from a new garbage company that was challenging the then monopoly. It pronounced in large letters:

GARBAGE COLLECTION IS JUST LIKE PHONE SERVICE...You get to choose.

They don't know how right they were.

Back