Tecnam P2010 215 HP anyone?

FPK1

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
FPK1
Considering purchasing new 2021 P2010 with 215 HP engine. Anyone have experience or opinion on this plane they can share? Thanks

I've sat in one but not flown. It's very nice. Seems like a modern C177 Cardinal: sleek looking, good visibility, easy entry/exit, roomy, a bit faster than a Skyhawk... I'd imagine the 215hp would make it a good climber as well.

I've sat in one but not flown. It's very nice. Seems like a modern C177 Cardinal: sleek looking, good visibility, easy entry/exit, roomy, a bit faster than a Skyhawk... I'd imagine the 215hp would make it a good climber as well.
Reminds me more of a Skyhawk just because of the brace. But it is a sleek looking bird. Personally, I'd buy a used Cirrus for the same or less money.

The P2008 with a 100hp Rotax will walk away from a C-172, and has a better rate of climb, has more shoulder and leg room, nicer instrumentation, and burns about half the fuel.
The P2010 with 215hp will be a pretty sweet bird. I thought it came with 180HP. It will also have more room than the Cessnas and Cirrus.

The P2010 with 215hp will be a pretty sweet bird. I thought it came with 180HP.

You're right, it does. They now have three engine options,170HP diesel, 180HP or 215HP injected Lycoming.

You're right, it does. They now have three engine options,170HP diesel, 180HP or 215HP injected Lycoming.
Diesel not yet approved in USA. I like the idea of the 215 HP for more power at higher density airports. Unfortunately, the Tecnam has G1000 NXi Gen 1 and cannot upgrade to current Gen 2. So I would be buying technology that is already maxed out...

Nice, didn't know they have the 215hp option now. Always been a fan of those planes.

Back